Chapter Seven: VOICES AND HARPIES

The next morning, I was the first one up. I crawled out of bed and saw Percy snoring in his bunk. I changed into a Camp Half Blood shirt and a pair of jeans. I slipped on some tennis shoes and quietly opened the door.

I snuck out the door, quietly closing it behind me. I wanted to get some time alone. I also wanted to find out who or what had been talking to me last night.

I had heard a voice in my head. They said something about me having to go on this quest, and me having to betray my friends. If I obeyed the voice, they said I could get my sister, Savanna, back. Savanna was my sibling that died to protect me from the monsters that attacked my family when I was nine.

I left the cabin and walked off towards the beach. I grabbed the hilt of my dagger just in case I ran into some hungry harpies. I snuck around the cabins without making a sound. I could have sworn I saw someone look out from behind the Hades cabin, but I didn't hear any noise.

I arrived at the beach without being attacked by hungry harpies, but I still kept looking over my shoulder to see if someone was following me. I almost had a heart attack when I heard the voice in my head.

"You disobey me? You doubt that I can give you your sister back? Let me show you something that might encourage you to believe me." The voice purred in my head. An image appeared in front of me. A girl with dark hair and green eyes stood in front of me. She smiled and laughed before disintegrating into thin air.

"What do you want from me!? What do I have that you want!?" I asked the voice. I looked around to see if anyone else was around. I had the feeling that someone was watching me.

"Oh, you know exactly what I want from you. I want you to betray your friends. If you you help me, I will give you your sister back. Decide soon, or else I will kill you and all those that are precious to you." This time, the voice wasn't coming from inside my head. It was coming from all around me. I drew my dagger and turned in a circle, studying everything around me, trying to pinpoint the voice.

I will be honest with you, that voice scared me. It knew just the right buttons to push to get to me. It knew my weaknesses. It knew what I could do, what my powers were. It was almost as if it had seen my entire life and memorized it.

Someone stepped onto the beach and I almost stabbed them with my dagger. It was Nico. He jumped back just before my dagger cut through the air where he had once been standing.

"What are you doing out here? You know the harpies might eat you if they found you. And why did you almost stab me?" He studied me with a guarded yet confused expression.

"I wanted to get some fresh air. What are YOU doing out here? And wouldn't the harpies eat you too?" I snapped. I wasn't in the mood for messing around. I was freaked out about hearing that voice and how much it knew about me. I really didn't care about harpies that would eat demigods.

"I was curious. And who were you talk-" A horn blew in the distance, cutting him off. Lights started turning on in all the cabins. I ignored his question and ran towards the Poseidon cabin, hoping that Percy hadn't realized that I was gone and start getting all worked up about it.

Naturally, Tyche wasn't really all that caring about my luck, despite her being the goddess of luck. I opened the door just as Percy started to open it. He had a worried look in his eyes, but when he saw me, it disappeared and was replaced with a look of relief.

"Where did you go? You know you aren't supposed to leave the cabin before the horn blows. If the harpies had found you..." He shuddered. Apparently, the harpies at camp weren't the nicest.

"I wanted some fresh air. Come on, let's get the cabin cleaned up for inspection."