Chapter 18: PROBLEMS AND CONFESSIONS

Apparently I had drifted off to sleep in the window seat, because the next thing I knew, someone was shaking my shoulder vigorously.

"Sofia! Sofia wake up!" My eyes flashed open and I saw Nico leaning over me with his hand on my shoulder. His face was slightly pink in the morning light. I couldn't decide if it was the light from my window, or if he was embarrassed to be touching my shoulder. Immediately he realized that my eyes were open and he withdrew his hand quickly.

"What? What's going on?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes, slightly annoyed that I had been woken up so early. The sky was just turning pink outside my window.

"Sorry to wake you up, but uh... Natasha's fuming and blasting everything outside with water. She already soaked me." Nico's face turned a light pink again, and I could tell that his clothes were dripping with water. He looked like he was shaking too.

"Hmmm... Stand still and I'll deal with the water." I concentrated on his clothes and all the water slowly made its way out of his clothes and his hair. It formed a little bubble around him before I sent it down the stairs and into a sink. "There. All the water's gone."

"Uh... Thanks." He gave me a slight smile. "Now, about Natasha..."

"She's using the hose to get the water, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Simple. I just cut off the water to the hose." The splashing sounds from outside ceased and so did the yelling.

"Oh. OK. Thanks. I'll leave to get some more rest." Right before Nico turned around to leave, I saw a little bit of disappointment in his eyes.

"Nico...?" I stopped him. "... Did you want to ask me something?" He turned back to face me.

"No. There's nothing I wanted to ask you." He hesitated slightly before answering. He turned and left my room and closed the door behind softly. I could tell he was lying. After being a Hunter so long, it was obvious when someone was lying. And Nico had just lied to me.

About half an hour later, I decided that if we were going to leave in the morning, that I should probably get up. The sky was streaked with oranges, yellows, and blues. The sun was just coming up over the horizon. I glanced at the clock on the nightstand and saw that it was almost 7:00 in the morning. I stretched and changed into some different clothes before going downstairs.

Natasha was sitting at the table in the kitchen, her face was bright red, and a soaking wet Leo sat across from her, glaring at her and playing with pipe cleaners.

"WHAT THE HECK!?!?" Natasha exclaimed as Leo launched a pebble at her from his little catapult he made from pipe cleaners. It hit her square on the nose. Leo and Nico snickered.
Natasha stood up from her chair and was just about to slap Leo across the face when I sped across the room and grabbed her wrist, spun her around, and looked her right in the eye.

"WHAT THE HECK HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU!?" I dug my nails into her wrist. "WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON ANYWAYS!?" I released her wrist and shoved her out of the kitchen.

"Woah, woah. Sofia, calm down!" Nico came up behind me and grabbed my arm.

"WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO ME?! WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU!? YOU FREAKING MADE MY WRIST BLEED, YOU JERK!!" Natasha screeched and returned to the kitchen. She drew her sword and swung it at me. I had no choice but to draw my sword and counter her blow. Metal clanged and I switched my sword for my knife. Natasha swung at me again, but I was ready this time. I ducked, came up behind her, and pressed my knife blade against her neck.

"Drop. The. Sword." I whispered into her ear. She dropped the sword. I felt arms grab around my waist and I saw Leo grab my knife and pry it out of my hands. I realized that Nico was the one behind me. He turned me around and flung me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.