Chapter 13: THE PLAN

We grabbed our bags and headed towards a small restaurant to grab some lunch. From the looks of it, we all desperately needed something to eat.

We walked to the nearest McDonalds (it had cheap food that we could eat on the way to Ohio) and every time I looked at Nico, he was grinning like a madman, which was something I had never seen a child of Hades do before.

We got our food and sat down at a table in the corner. I had a double cheeseburger. Not as good as fried bologna sandwiches, but it was good enough. Leo was playing with his fries and Natasha kept inching closer and closer to Nico, which made him look uncomfortable. There was an awkward silence, so I decided to tell them where we would be going next.

"I am sure most of you have met Clytius personally, and have a better idea of what we are up against than me. All I know is that magic doesn't work very well against him, and I don't even know if he really is alive and in Ohio. I do know he is dangerous, and was defeated by Hecate by using magical torches. If we do find him, we will have to be very careful while we are fighting him, and hopefully we attract the attention of a god so they can help us. If we don't find him, we will track down another enemy." I paused for a bit to let my words soak in.

Nico scooted away from Natasha and continued eating his fries. Natasha looked disapprovingly in Leo's direction as a fry flew past her face from a catapult that Leo had constructed with a spoon and some straws.

"Any questions?" I knew Natasha was going to say something, but she might actually have something useful to say for once.

"Yeah, I have a question for you. How do you know all this stuff about where the giants are located and whether or not we have encountered them before? What do you do, follow us around and watch us fight them?" Natasha said furiously. I didn't know why she would be that mad. She should been glad for a little attention. Was she hiding something?

"Well, to answer your questions, no, I haven't been following you guys around and I know where some if the giants are because Chiron told me some of the locations and I used to be a Hunter, so I can figure out where some giants and monsters are without even tracking them down. And I know whether or not you have encountered them before because I ask the people that fought them with you. Does that answer your questions?" I fought back the temptation to kick her shin, but I still glared at her.

Leo sat next to me with wide eyes, as if he was expecting a fight to break out between me and Natasha. Nico looked calmly into my eyes and sighed before putting down his fries. My guess was he was preparing himself to prevent me and Natasha from flooding McDonalds.

Natasha laughed. "You were a Hunter? What did you do? Get fired? Kicked off the team?" I knew she was trying to make me mad, but her words didn't affect me as she meant them to.

"I didn't get forced out of the group. I quit. End of story." I met her gaze. Leo dropped his fry in surprise. Natasha almost choked on her drink, and Nico just stared at me, a hint of confusion in his chocolate brown eyes.

"Now, anymore questions?" I was not in the mood for messing around anymore, especially after telling them something private that I didn't like to share with people. Thankfully, they didn't have anymore questions, so I got to finish my cheeseburger in peace.

When we were all done eating, we left for the subway. I figured it would be the quickest way possible, even though Nico offered to shadow travel there and take us with him, I knew he wouldn't be able to take us all to Ohio, no matter how strong he was.

We got tickets to go to Columbus, Ohio. A friend of mine lived there, and if anyone would know if Clytius was in Ohio, it would be her.

We got on the subway and got in the car with the least mortals. I decided to tell them what we were going to do if we found Clytius.

"I understand that in order to defeat a giant, we would need the help of a god or goddess. I am not aware of any gods or goddesses in Ohio, perhaps you may know?" I met each of there gazes carefully and calmly. Leo seemed mesmerized by my eyes, and I guess that was because my eyes looked like kaleidoscopes again, changing colors from blues to greens to browns and all of the colors mixed together like mini rainbows.

"I think a goddess is in Ohio. I don't know for sure, but I think Hecate was there the last time I was there, not more than a month ago. She might still be there." Nico said. He seemed a little jumpy saying this in front of us. I wondered what he was doing in Ohio.

"Good. Perhaps we can find her and convince her to help is defeat Clytius if he is in Ohio. I know how to find out whether or not he is in Ohio. A friend of mine lives in Columbus, a former Hunter and a daughter of Iris, and she keeps track of every god, goddess, titan, giant, monster, and demigod that has ever set foot in Ohio, just in case someone needed to find them. If Clytius is in Ohio, she will know." I met Nico's gaze and for a moment I thought I saw a look of fright flash through his eyes in a second and disappeared just as quickly. What was he so worried about?