Chapter 17: THE PACKING

When I woke up from my nap, my arm was almost completely healed. I looked around the room and realized that I had been thrashing in my sleep again. The blanket was on the floor and so was my pillow. My dreams had been about Christina getting taken by the gryphons.

I sat silently in the bed, going over the battle with the gryphons in my mind. I was trying to think of things that I could have done differently that would have saved her.

I was on the verge of tears when someone knocked on the door. I frantically rubbed at my eyes to erase the tears in the corners of my eyes. The person knocked again gently on the door.

"Come in." I tried my hardest to make my voice audible. The door opened a crack and Leo stuck his head in. I could tell by the look on his face that something important was happening.

"Ummm... Sorry to wake you up, but... uh..." Leo stuttered trying to find the right words. His eyes were looking into mine and I guessed that my eyes were colorful again. I decided that the next time I saw Aphrodite I was gonna smack her upside the head for "blessing" me with kaleidoscope eyes.

"What's wrong?" I tried to ignore the fact that he was staring at me. "What's going on?"

"Ummm... Well... Natasha and Nico are having a big fight downstairs." Leo managed to say. All of a sudden, I heard shouting from downstairs. I never realized it before. I guess I was still in shock from earlier.

"Ok. I'll be down in a minute." I sighed. Leo's head disappeared and I quickly got out of bed. I slipped on some different clothes and brushed my hair before going downstairs.

I stopped at the bottom of the steps and listened to Natasha and Nico as they argued. I hid in the stairwell, careful not to be seen.

"...to me! What's so special about her!?" Natasha sounded furious. I mean, she always seemed mad, but never this mad.

"Does it matter to you? What's so wrong about me being her friend? I can't help it I feel like I've known her half my life!" Nico normally was quiet, but now his voice echoed throughout the house it was so loud. I had never heard him so mad before. It was kind of scary. But when they mentioned "her" I knew they were talking about me.

I pretended to be tired and walked down the remaining steps slowly, rubbing my eyes and yawning. "What is it with you two? Some of us were trying to get a nap in before we leave." I acted irritated with the both of them before asking them a question. "What were you two yelling about anyways?" I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a jug of milk and found a glass.

"Nothing. It was just a silly little thing." Nico smiled calmly. "So has your arm healed?" He gently grabbed it and examined it. Natasha looked like she was about to explode. Her face was bright red and I almost wanted to laugh.

I gently pulled my arm away. "It's better than it was yesterday. Maybe some water and it'll be as good as new." I drank the milk in my glass and turned the water on in the sink. I used my powers and made the water spin elegantly over to my arm.

I watched as the swelling of my arm slowly disappeared and the cut completely disappeared. I made the water go back to the sink and i turned the faucet off. "There, good as new. So, what were you guys yelling about down here?" I gave them a look of innocence, but I wanted to see what they would say.

Nico's cheeks turned a very light pink and Natasha looked like a ghost because she was so pale. "I already told you, it was nothing. Just a silly little argument." Nico attempted to seem irritated, but I could tell he wasn't. "Ummm... Why do your eyes look like a kaleidoscope?"

"What? They look like that again? Ugh, I hate Aphrodite." I mumbled. Seriously, of all the blessings she could have given me, and I got a good fashion sense and kaleidoscope eyes.

"Anyways, you guys can start packing up your stuff and grab some bags and get some food from the shelves and the fridge. I'm going to go see if I can learn if Clytius is in Ohio. We can leave tomorrow morning." I rinsed the glass in the sink with a little soap and set it on the counter to dry and left the kitchen. I could feel Natasha's hateful eyes following me out of the kitchen and to the tech room where Christina kept all her files.

After two hours of thoroughly searching her office, I couldn't find a single list that said who or what was in Ohio and when and where it was. I had nothing.

I went back to the kitchen to find Nico and Leo filling the last bag with water bottles and ambrosia. "Wow, she must have had a lot of useful stuff." I commented. Nico looked up briefly and nodded before returning to the bag.

"Where's Natasha?" I realized that I didn't hear a single sound anywhere else in the house except for the kitchen.

"She might be sleeping, or laying around doing nothing." Leo said. "So did you find anything out about Clytius?"

"Nope. I couldn't find a single list of names of anything or anyone anywhere. She must have hidden it somewhere." I noticed a hint of relief in Nico's eyes before he turned back to packing the bags. "Are you guys almost done packing?"

"Yep."

"When we finish this bag we'll be done."

"Ok. I better go pack my stuff and try and find Natasha." I left the kitchen and went up to my room to start packing.

I grabbed some clothes from the dresser that might fit me. Luckily, Christina and I were about the same size. Both of us were tall, slim, and strong teenage girls. I was really gonna miss her.

After half an hour of packing my stuff, I finally finished packing what I needed. I grabbed my backpack (now filled with extra clothes and food) and I went down to the kitchen to see if Nico and Leo had finished packing.

I found four bags filled with clothing, food, and ambrosia. I guess there was a bag for each of us. I set my bag down next to the others and went into the living room where I found Nico sleeping on the couch and Leo sleeping in a chair by the window. Natasha was sitting in the chair next to the couch where Nico was.

I sighed and met Natasha's cold gaze. She seemed unusually angry. I brushed it off as a mood swing.

"We'll be leaving tomorrow morning. I couldn't find any papers about anyone or anything here in Ohio, so I have no idea of Clytius is here or not." I informed Natasha. I turned in my heel and went back to my room and sat down on my window seat and watched the sun slowly sink onto the horizon.