🌙 Night Alive

Start bij het begin

"Well I'm glad you can still make it to your family in time for Christmas after all", the boy smiled. "And it's so cool that you're a photographer", he said. "Yeah I'm not smart enough for university. Just went to college", Tyler said with a grin, and the guy laughed softly. "What d'you study?" Tyler asked. "Applied physics", the boy replied. "Dude I don't even know what that means", Tyler laughed, causing the boy to laugh too.

"What's your name?" The curly boy asked. "I'm Tyler, what about you?" he replied. "Joshua", the boy smiled. "Nice to meet you, Joshua. Is it okay if I call you Josh or rather not?" Tyler asked. "Oh Josh is fine, definitely", he replied as they left the escalator.

"Alright, Josh. Hold up, I'm gonna go get my ticket for tomorrow morning real quick alright?" He said. "Yeah of course, I'll walk with you", Josh said and Tyler smiled as they went to get Tyler's train ticket to Berlin.

Once Tyler had his ticket and securely put it in his backpack so he wouldn't lose it, they stranded at Starbucks inside the station. Tyler ordered an iced guava white tea and a triple chocolate cookie while Josh ordered a white chocolate mocha with a blueberry muffin, and they sat down. "I'm gonna text my family real quick, let them know I won't be there tomorrow morning but somewhere in the afternoon", he said as they sipped their drinks. Once he'd texted them, Tyler unwrapped his cookie and he was about to take a bite.

"Wait!" Josh then said, and Tyler froze, looking up at Josh. "Sorry", Josh smiled cheekily. "I just... Have you had dinner yet?" He asked. "Not really, no", Tyler said. "That's why I got this cookie." "I was planning on buying dinner on the train since I didn't have time to get anything before getting on the train here", Josh said. "And since we'll have to stay up for the next ten hours, we could grab some real dinner somewhere?" he proposed. "D'you reckon there's still restaurants serving food at this time of the evening?" Tyler asked. "It's Amsterdam, the city lives 24/7", Josh replied. "That's true, Berlin is like that as well. Let's save those as desserts then?" He proposed as he nodded at the muffin and cookie. "Sounds good to me", Josh smiled.

They finished their coffees and then left Amsterdam Central Station. "Hold up, forgot how cold it is", Tyler said as he put his backpack down and he got a beanie and gloves out. He put them on and Josh smiled. "Dude, that beanie is awesome", he said as he put the hood of his hoodie on. "Oh thanks, man", Tyler smiled, pulling the rainbow beanie over his ears to keep them warm. "Bought it somewhere here before going to my job. I haven't had any free time in Amsterdam 'cause I was planning to stay here as short as I could because of Christmas, but I had to get the gay beanie while being in the gay capital of the world", Tyler said.

"I'm jealous. I need that beanie", Josh said, causing Tyler to smile. "Maybe I'll give it to you as a Christmas present if you're nice to me", Tyler said. "Oh no, please don't, you bought it. It's yours, not mine", Josh said. Tyler shrugged. "Alrighty then, but you should get it too if you ever get the chance", Tyler said. "Definitely", Josh smiled.

"This city is really beautiful, huh?" Tyler said as they walked toward the Dam, looking at all the Christmas lights. "Yeah, it's gorgeous", Josh replied. "I always like coming to this city but especially around Christmas. It's so gorgeous here", he said. Tyler nodded. "And very cold at the moment", he said with a soft laugh and Josh nodded. "I forgot my gloves 'cause I didn't think I'd be spending a full night outside since all the hotels are completely packed because of Christmas", he laughed softly.

"You do have them in your pockets though, are they still cold?" Tyler asked, referring to Josh's hands. "Yeah they're pretty much completely frozen", Josh said. 'Let me feel. Hold it against my cheek", Tyler said as he stopped walking, and Josh did so. Tyler let out a soft shriek. "That's crazy! That's insane. C'mon, get in here, you're gonna get frost bite and lose your fingers like this", Tyler said as he grabbed Josh's hand, wrapping his own hand around it before he stuffed both of them in the warm fluffy pocket of Tyler's winter coat.