Chapter 8: Awareness Of The Others

"You're earlier than I thought you'd be." Jackson said

"It doesn't matter. What are you gonna tell me anyway?" I asked

"I wanna form a party with you." he said "There are many wizards out there and they're trying to find each other and create a team and fight each other for experiences. There are also many mobs and other creatures out there harming citizens. Why don't we form a team and protect this world from them?"

"Sorry, I didn't see that coming. But more importantly, how did you know I have powers? And what do you mean by 'wizards and monsters'?" I asked

"You still don't know?" he asked

"Don't know about what exactly?" I replied

Three days ago...

Jackson's POV

I went to a park to clear up my mind after my girlfriend broke up with me.

I saw a man standing near a tree. He was looking around if someone was watching him.

As what I can see I thinks he's hiding from something, or someone. Or even someone is stalking him which made him insecure.

And then I saw a man approaching him. All of a sudden, he screamed but only me can hear him. No one else does. It was even like they can't see them.

I watched them and then at his back something is getting bigger or like coming out.

His clothes starting tearing up. Until something grew up in his back. Wings sprouted from his back.

He flew away but wasn't able to escape the stalker's sight.

The stalker is suddenly holding a spear that appeared out of nowhere. He threw it and the flying man got hurt badly which made him fall to the ground.

A motorbike then appeared and he rode it and went to the direction where the winged man fell.

I already discovered my powers that time which was creating portal. I created a portal and also followed.

I saw him kill the winged man and then he can now suddenly summon a wolf and he ordered it to kill me.

I didn't know that he felt my presence and so I created a portal and escaped.

But before I escaped I also saw him fighting some small creatures.

End of Flashback...

Jaiden's POV

"So you're saying that there are more than one wizards existing right now and killing each other?" I asked

"Yeah, I know it sounds crazy but..."

"Yeah, I believe you." I replied

"But we need more recruits, we can't do this alone." he suggested

"Yeah I know. Follow me." I replied

"I know what's happening. I can now understand for his details. I've dreamt about this before. This is what exactly I'm preventing. I can't stop this if I will be alone. I also need them as much as they need me."

"I must make things right before it's too late. I'll change everything."

I went to the canteen along with Jackson to find Laurel but I didn't saw her. I tried to find her everywhere inside the school premises but I can't see her anywhere.

"Ahhhhh"

"What was that?" Jack asked

"Let's go in the girls bathroom. I heard the sound from there." I suggested

We ran towards the girls bathroom and we saw Laurel lying on the ground with a girl named Aurora trying to protect her from a boy student.

"Hey, what are you doing to them?!" I asked

"Mind your own business!" he said

He looked at me and pointed his index finger to me and all of a sudden I can't move even an inch.

"Why can't I move? Why can't I even move my mouth? Is it because of him? So he's a wizard like me. Is this his superpower?"

"Why is his finger glowing red? Why? Why is glowing just like his eyes?"