Chapter 7: Untwisted Fate

Jaiden's POV

I arranged and the books in the bookshelf after I wiped the tables.

"Do you have a minute? Jay?" Jackson asked

"What's up? Jack?" I replied

"Come here." Jackson demanded

I walked towards Jackson. Tiningnan ko siya sa kanyang mga mata without any idea of what he'd wanna tell me.

"Jade?" Laurel is finding me

"Can I talk to you for a second?" she asked

"Jack?" I asked his permission since he was about to say something to me

"Oh, go ahead. This can wait. I'll just meet you at lunch. On the rooftop." Jackson said

"Okay then." I said

"Umm, Jack, Luke. Could you please leave us for a moment?" she asked

"Okay."

"Certainly."

As they leave the room, silence found its way in.

"I just want to ask that what if we can find a way to change it or reverse what's about to happen if we really create a party?" Laurel asked

"Again with that? I told you already. My answer is no and it's final. Hindi ako ang magiging reason para mapahamak ka. All of you." I humed

"If you could just listen to my reasons right now." she said

"Why would I listen? You're just wasting your time! Whatever you say, nothing will convince me! Kaya huwag mong aksayahin ang oras mo." I said out of anger

I walked out of the room but Laurel grabbed my hand and tried to stop me. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang gagawin nang hawakan niya ang aking kamay.

Dahil sa mga emosyong nararamdaman ko, hindi ko napigilan ang sarili ko. I pushed her which made her fall on her knees in the floor.

Luke saw what happened so he immediately ran towards Laurel and asked if she's okay.

Even if I felt guilty, even if I was worried for Laurel, I stopped myself on approaching her and asked if she's okay.

I walked out of the room and Luke said with a raging eyes "What the hell was that?! Why did you do that?!"

"Luke stop. It's not his fault." she said

"Then whose? Laurel, whose fault is it? I saw it. I saw what he did to you!" he replied

"She should learn to mind her own business! If she don't wanna get hurt." I replied with a worried soul

I walked out of the room and went to our classroom.

Laurel's POV

Several minutes later...

I went to the bathroom to pee. While I was inside I heard several girls came in.

"No way, you and Jaiden had a date last night?" the girl said

"Yeah, I didn't know that things would go so fast. But to be honest... umm never mind." Lauren said

"You're so lucky to have him. He's a perfect guy. I'm so proud of you. You now have a handsome boyfriend with a very admiring attitude and personality with a packs of abs. Ang swerte mo talaga!"

I heard them left and so I came out and stared at myself in the mirror. I stared at my self. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Bakit nahihirapan ako ngayon.

I liked him since I was a little kid. I admired him. I looked up on him. I, I don't know, I don't understand. I think I really love him. But he liked someone else. Now he's dating someone else.

I knew that we wouldn't work out but why does it hurt very much?! I can't stand it. I can't stand seeing him with someone else! I wish I didn't meet him back then.

A girl saw me.

Jaiden's POV

I walked out of the room and went to our classroom.

Suddenly, I noticed that the room is in silence. I looked around and everything is normal.

But when I looked carefully, they aren't moving.

I looked outside and I saw the birds floating in mid air not falling even though their wings aren't moving even a millimeter.

The time literally stopped. It's getting darker though.

"If time stopped then the lights would disappear. Unless I'm moving in the speed of sound instead of light."

"It's getting darker so that means that I'm slowly reaching the speed of light. So right now I'm moving in the speed of sound not light."

"I didn't stop time since there's still light. Why am I like a physicist right now? How did I even know these stuffs."

"Wait, what if there's still light even though time stopped even if it's a little dark?"

"Oh whatever it is. I must find a way to get out from this. It's making my head explode."

I walked down the corridor and I looked at the clock and it's still ten o'clock in the morning.

I went on the rooftop to look at the entire school.

"Hey Jade."

I heard a voice and then when I looked behind me I saw a beautiful grown up woman with a long straight hair.

She was wearing a long white dress. She was like a goddess.

"Who are you?" I asked

"It's still not the right time for you to know me. I just wanna tell you that whatever it is that you saw in your dream, don't let it happen."

"That's what I'm trying." I replied

"Is that gonna change anything?"

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I saw everything that will happen. If you won't team up with them, nothing will ever change. It will just make things worse."

"What do you want me to do?" I asked

"Join their team. Guide them while I'm guiding you."

"I'll think about it." I replied

"Okay. We'll see each other more frequently starting today."

"Okay."

The time started flowing again.

I heard some creaking sound from the door and I saw Jackson walking towards me.

"You're earlier than I thought you'd be." he said

"What are you gonna tell me anyway?" I asked

"I wanna form a party with you." he said "There are many wizards out there and they're trying to find each other and create a team and fight each other for experiences. There are also many mobs and other creatures out there harming citizens. Why don't we form a team and protect this world from them?"