[6] - Second Prince

AU of Percy. If he was another prince of Atlantis. Also, Percy's laughter is like the one of Dick Grayson-Robin in YJ. His signature laughter. Because why not? : DD
-------------

Today was the day Percy dreaded tremendously. Why? Well, today, he turns sixteen and is crowned the prince of Atlantis, second heir to the throne. He couldn't avoid it even if he tried. Once, he vapoured travelled away and went to the kingdom. His father went into a panic rampage mode. It was hilarious.

Unfortunately, he was caught and he was grounded for a week. But of course, that never stopped him from sneaking out at night to the kingdom. Surprisingly, his father still has not found out. Only one person knows.

"Sire, you should get dressed soon." Percy glanced up at his friend and guard, Casimir. He sighed and grumbled.

"Do I have to?" He asked. The guard chuckled and nodded his head. "Your coronation is tonight and you have to prepare," he explained and walked outside the door. Percy huffed and sat on his bed. He glanced at the open window and smirked.

"On a scale of one to ten, what are the chances of me sneaking out again?" He asked as he stood up quietly and walked towards his escape route.

"Zero. If you sneak out again, your father will have my-," he stopped when he walked in to see no one there. The guard sighed. "Here we go again," he mumbled and could hear the sixteen-year-old's creepy laughter.
-------------

Percy swam in the water and waved at the people. "Good morning, Percy," they greeted.

The thing is, no one knows that he's the second prince which was a good thing. He could roam around freely without anyone knowing who he is. The same reason why he doesn't want to be crowned. Then the whole kingdom would know who he is and then he would lose his freedom entirely.

"Percy!" He glanced up and smiled and waved at him. "Luke! What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to with your father?" He asked. Luke was a son of Hermes, he only came here if it was something important.

Luke ran a hand through his blond hair. "He said something about meeting the second prince," he said. Percy nodded his head. Internally, he was freaking out. How would Luke think of him when he finds out that he was the second prince? Luke was his best friend. He didn't want to lose his best friend.

"Let's just hope he's not a spoiled brat," Luke said. Percy snorted. Spoiled brat? More like a trapped person. "I'm pretty sure he's not," he said an shrugged. Luke raised an eyebrow but didn't question him.

"So, what are you doing here? Sneaking out again?" He asked a mischievous smirk on his face. The second prince of Atlantis smiled, "More or less."

"Is he still overprotective of you?" Luke asked curiously. Percy groaned and the other laughed. Ever since his mother was murdered, his father had never allowed him to go anywhere but in the castle. Even in the castle, there would be at least three guards around him. He proposed a solution and after much reluctance, his father agreed.

Now, he only has Casimir around him. But of course, he didn't trust his father. Much. He always caught a few other guards lurking around and he couldn't help but sigh through his nose. Everyone thought being royalty was considered lucky, but to Percy, it was unlucky.

"Honestly, I hate how he's so paranoid over everything. He doesn't even allow me outside," he said and spread out his arms out emphasizing his point. Luke chuckled and smiled at the younger male.

"At least he cares," he said bitterly. Percy looked at him and held his hand. "Hey. I'm pretty sure Hermes cares too," he said and smiled softly. Luke smiled in reply. They stayed that way for a while before Percy pulled away and Luke cleared his throat awkwardly.