[5] - Dead man tells no tales

#lukercy. Fight me.
-------------

Percy walked in absolute darkness. His surroundings shifted into a familiar throne room. Olympus' throne room. The doors of the throne room were hanging by its hinges as if it had been ripped open by a huge force.

Fear and guilt crept into Percy's heart. It was repeating. Everything was happening all over again. Everything was in ruins, the thrones were smashed and in pieces.

And lying on the ground near the hearth was Luke. Percy walked with shaky steps as he advanced the son of Hermes. He remained motionless on the ground as Percy collapsed on his knees beside him.

"L-Luke," he stuttered out and cradled the boy's head.

He sobbed and rocked back and forth while placing his forehead on the dead boy's. His tears stained the dead boy's forehead as he wept harder.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he repeated the two words over wishing he could undo everything.

Back on the Argo II, five of the seven heard Percy thrashing and crying. They didn't know what to do and seek Annabeth out. "Annabeth, something's wrong. It's Percy," Piper said worriedly. The daughter of Athena whipped her head and she immediately ran to Percy's room.

"No no," she mumbled as she barged into Percy's room. She sat beside him and shook him awake.

"Percy! Percy! Wake up!"

The son of Poseidon shot up and gasped. His breathing slowed to its normal pace now. Annabeth wiped his tears away and sighed. She saw how broken he looked. His once lifely sea-green eyes were now dull and hurt. She cradled him and let him sob into her shoulder.

He was shaking as he clung onto his best friend. Annabeth comforted him and combed his hair with her fingers. "It's alright. It's alright," she mumbled.

The remaining seven left the two alone confused, worried and disheartened. "What happened to cause him to cry?" Hazel asked sadly. Everyone shook their heads confused too. They felt terrible for not being able to comfort their leader and friend.
-------------

After they defeated Gaia, the gods flashed everyone to Olympus. The demigods received a day of rest and went to the throne room the next day.

The gods decided to grant each of the heroes that saved the world a wish.

When it was Percy's turn, he said without hesitation, "I want Luke back."

The temperature in the room immediately dropped. Some of the gods glanced away not able to bear looking at his heartbroken face. Hermes looked down and blinked the tears away.

Annabeth held Percy's hand comfortingly. The rest of the seven were confused. They didn't know who Luke was. Why would they? They were either from the Roman camp or came after the Titan war.

Percy's right hand trembled as he fought the tears in his eyes. Zeus sighed not having the heart to dishearten the demigod. He glanced at his brother.

What do we do? He asked his brothers. Hades stayed silent as he weighed the pros and cons. He did not want to see his nephew anymore broken than he already is. But then again, he couldn't just resurrect him. It was against the ancient laws. Poseidon knew the ancient laws but he was willing to break it for his son's happiness.

Percy knew he shouldn't have requested it but Luke was the only person he wanted back. He was everything to him. After a while, he glanced back up at them, "Nevermind. Forget I said anything." And walked out of the throne room.

Annabeth sighed and ran a hand through her blonde curls. She stared at the gods. "For a god, you're not powerful at all," she said calmly and walked out to catch up with the son of Poseidon.

Aphrodite was sniffling. She wanted to make Percy's love life interesting but killing a loved one was not what she wanted. Their love was pure even if they were enemies. She sighed unhappily and glared at the ground.

Piper had never seen her mother act this way. To have the goddess of love involved in a love life was seriously a big achievement. The goddess must have sensed her daughter's stare because she looked up.

A 'I'll tell you later' look was directed to her. Piper nodded her head and didn't look back at her.
-------------

Percy was back at camp half-blood's beach. He picked up a stone and threw it across the ocean. It skidded a few times before sinking beneath the waters. He rubbed his tired eyes and sat on the beach.

There were the sounds of waves crashing onto the shore that evening. Everyone else was celebrating the victory over the Giant War. Percy didn't notice another presence beside him as the person sat down beside him.

He assumed it was Annabeth and ignored it. "I don't want to talk, Annie," he said softly. A familiar chuckle came from the person. Percy whipped his head and realised who it was.

Sitting there beside him was Luke Castellan. A smile on his face as he stared at the son of Poseidon. Percy's breath hitched. He couldn't believe it. Luke was here, sitting beside him. Alive.

He reached his hand out shakily and felt his cheek underneath his hand. His lip quivered as tears threatened to spill. Luke's heart squeezed as he saw the state Percy was in. He exhaled through his nose and wrapped his arms around the broken boy.

The younger demigod finally let go of all tension in his body as he clutched his shirt tightly and he sobbed into his chest. Staying in the position was something he never wanted to come out from.

Luke's arms around him protectively as he lied there. "I'm sorry," he mumbled into the older male's chest. Luke smoothed his hair out and glanced down at him.

"It's not your fault. Stop blaming yourself," he scolded. For the first time in the longest time, Percy smiled genuinely. Luke saw the younger male's body visibly relax in his arms as he stroked his head affectionately.

"Percy, look at me."

The son of Poseidon obeyed and glanced at his blue eyes. Luke ran his thumb across Percy's lip absentmindedly. He leaned in and kissed it softly. He gasped softly when Luke bit the bottom of his lip for entrance. The son of Poseidon wrapped his arms around the elder's neck.

The once dead hero snaked his arms around his waist and kissed him passionately. He savoured every part of his mouth and smiled after they parted. They were both left breathless as they leaned on each other's forehead.

"I missed you," Percy mumbled.

Luke chuckled and kissed his forehead affectionately. "I missed you, too," he said.