"You just want everyone to like you so that you can be more popular. You like the attention," I blurt out, not really meaning what I'm saying.

"No," he yells. "Yeonjun! That's not it at all."

I bite my lip. "Then what is it? Why do want everyone to love you? Why are you so adamant about being my friend?"

He looks at me, searching my eyes for something that I don't know.

I shake my head. "Just go back to your friends, Soobin," I start to turn around, but he catches me.

He grabs my arm and starts to tug me in the opposite direction.

"Hey, wait!" I groan. "Where the hell are you taking me?"

"Just be quiet," he hisses. "You're drawing attention to yourself."

He drags me down a couple hallways until we get to a door. We stop and he twists the doorknob.

I look around and inwardly groan. We're so far away from my first class. It's gonna take me extra time to get there today.

He suddenly tugs me into the room and closes the door behind us. That's when I realize where we are.

A closet.

We're in a closet.

My eyes widen and I look at Soobin. It's dark, but not to the point where I can't see his eyes.

Wow, he towers over me now that I'm paying attention.

I swallow thickly and turn away from him, trying to reach for the doorknob to escape.

He grabs my hand and pulls me back around. He pins my hands above me against the wall behind me. 

"You keep wondering why I want to be friends with you, why I'm so fond of you."

My breathing has increased substantially at this point.

I struggle, trying to get out of his grip. "Soobin," my voice comes out shaky. "Let me go."

"Not until you understand."

"Soobin," I say his name a bit more desperately this time. "Please, let me go."

He steps closer to me. I watch as his eyes flutter down, then back up at my eyes. He lets go of my hands, letting them drop to my sides, but he doesn't back away. Instead, he steps even closer to me, our noses brushing together.

My heart is beating so fast. Why is it beating so fast? Jesus.

He reaches up and lets his hand cup my face. He runs his thumb across my cheek, then up to my nose.

I let out a loud breath as his finger brushes my lips. 

"I like you," he whispers.

I look up at him and his eyes are on mine, digging deep into my soul. 

"You what?"

"I like you," he repeats. "Not as a friend. As more than that. As soon as you walked into this school, you caught my eye like no one else did. Yeah, I'm friends with everyone, but I came up to you, not because I wanted to make another friend, but because my heart wanted me to. I've had a crush on you for a while now and being your friend is just another reason to allow me to be around you."

His words make my breath catch in the back of my throat. "You...have a crush on me?"

He nods.

"You like me?"

He nods again.

"Why?"

He doesn't hesitate to answer. "Because you're beautiful and mysterious and your smile can light up a whole room. You're patient even when you can't understand a lick of what someone is saying," he laughs and I feel his breath hit me delicately in the face. "You're shy, but confident as well. I don't even know how you make that work. You love your Noona even though you won't admit it sometimes. You're humble. You don't let the haters get to you. And you're exactly my type."

"That's...a lot of reasons to like me," I answer.

He laughs and then hums in approval.

"I didn't know you even liked boys."

"Me neither," he mumbles. "Until you."

I feel his face getting even closer to mine, but his lips never reach mine. 

My heart can't take this teasing. He's so close. What is happening right now?

"The bell is gonna ring soon," I mutter.

He shakes his head. "I don't care."

That's when he closes the gap between us and lets his lips crash against mine. My body melts into his and I slowly reach my hands up to sling around his neck. I hum against his lips, liking the way they feel against mine.

Our lips part and the kiss deepens. His fingers drag through my hair, tugging on it. A groan escapes my lips. 

I pull away, breathing hard. "We should...probably go to class."

He nods.

I reach for the doorknob. 

"Do you wanna come over after school today?" He suddenly asks.

"Kinda like a date?" I smile.

"Yeah, kinda like a date."

I bite my lip to keep my smile from taking over my whole face. "Okay."

And I walk out of the closet, heart racing.

☠ ☠ ☠

There will be zero smut with these boys

I repeat

I will not write smut with the txt boys because they are my age and even younger in this story and I feel weird about it

But kissing is alright. Right?

Hehe

~JJ