Epilogue

Epilogue

Narrator's Point of View

Daniel woke up with his cheeks stained with his own tears. The blinding sunlight coming from the window made him squeeze his eyes shut once again.

He stretched his arm to the left part of the bed. He sighed when he realized that Kathryn wasn't there anymore. She probably left the moment he fell asleep. Still with his eyes closed, he wiped his tears with his hands. The odd thing was, he couldn't feel the dextrose from his hand, and he couldn't hear beeping sounds coming from the monitor in the room, and he couldn't smell the odor of the hospital and why was he blinded by the sunlight? Last time he checked, his bed was far from his room's window.

That's when the realization hit him.

He was no longer in the hospital.

His heart started to beat fast and he could feel his sweat from his forehead. He was nervous, what the hell happened?

"Ma..." He whispered. "Ma! Mama!" He screamed.

"Ano?"

His mother's voice sounded like she was irritated, he noticed.

"Mama! Mama ko!" He cried. "Mama, please! Pumunta ka dito!"

"Pinapaliguan ko si Lelay!" His mother faintly shouted back.

That's when he opened his eyes.

"Bakit papaliguan ni Mama si Lelay?" He asked himself.

Then he looked at his surrounded.

And damn, he almost punched himself with what he saw.

He was lying on his old bed, in his old room, in their old house. He looked down and he was wearing a pair of pajamas and a shirt. He looked at his blankets, exactly the same set of bed he had almost seven years ago.

"This has to be a fucking joke." He mumbled. "Ma!" He screamed again, this time sitting up straightly. He noticed that his back didn't hurt when he did so. "Ma!"

The door opened abruptly, causing him to almost fall out of his bed.

His mother stood there, his young mother. He noticed that his mother was looking so young, and she was wearing clothes that he hasn't seen for so long. Her hair was disheveled and her hands were wet and she had a frown in her face.

"Ano ba, DJ?" She asked. "Pinapaliguan ko nga si Lelay!"

"Ma, bakit mo ponapaliguan si Lelay?" He asked.

"May pasok siya." His mother answered quickly. "May kailangan ka ba?" She asked like she was hurrying.

"Uhm..." Daniel looked around to think of something. "Wala ba akong pasok ngayon?" He asked.

His mother scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Walang kang Saturday classes, anak?"

"Putangina." He breathed out.

"Watch your mouth!" His mother shouted on her way back to the bathroom.

"Putangina talaga." He said again and ran his hands through his hair with a frustrated sigh. "Ano bang nangyayari?!" He whisper-yelled. "Shit." He cursed again.

"Stop cursing, will you?"

He swears he's getting a heart attack if everyone will not stop startling the hell out of him.

"Magui?" He stood up and ran towards Magui then hugged her tightly.

"Kuya!" Magui whined! "Kuya! My hair!"