HG41. Actress

Chapter Forty-One

Narrator's Point of View

Hands shaking, palms sweating and heartbeat thumping too fast - that's what he was feeling. Nervous is an understatement of how he's feeling right now. It feels like he was about to throw up everything he ate this morning. All the manliness and the mighty feeling he had two minutes ago, nawala na nang makita niya si Kathryn.

That's basically his daily routine. Makakalimutan niya lahat, kakabahan siya, manginginig siya... kapag nakikita niya si Kathryn. The funny thing is, Kath was still about five meters away from him. Beside Kath, was Aria who was smiling widely - excited by the fact that DJ finally pulled his head out of his ass.

Kathryn was in her daily get up - a simple dress, heels and a bit of make up. She was effortlessly beautiful. She doesn't need shining, shimmering jewelries to stand out. She will always be the apple of his eyes.

"Ah, K-kath." Daniel barely whispered. He couldn't form any proper sentence to utter for the girl he truly loves. His voice was audible, but not loud enough for Kath to hear. Hindi alam ni Daniel kung ano ang gagawin niya. Ano? Lalapitan na ba niya?

Daniel is finding the right words to say. Does he need to tell her how beautiful she looks tonight? Uhm, duh. Every girl would love to hear someone telling them how beautiful they are.

"Damn it." Daniel muttered under his breath.

What the hell am I doing? I can't just stare at her forever, he thought.

He finally got the courage to walk. His whole being was shaking. His legs were so weak, that he wasn't sure if he could make it to where Kath is standing. He wasn't sure why he was nervous. But this was what's he's sure of: he is truly, madly, deeply in love with Kathryn.

"Aria told me you wanted to see me tonight." Kathryn awkwardly stated as Daniel walked his way towards her. By now, Aria was out of Daniel's sight - perhaps everything was out of Daniel's sight except Kathryn. "Hi." Kath greeted. She was anxious, probably because she was wondering why Daniel urgently wanted her to be with him tonight.

"H-hello." Daniel stuttered. He silently cursed himself for being too damn nervous every time he sees Kath. "Uhm, kain t-tayo?" he asked the woman he loves. Kathryn chuckled at how awkward Daniel was. Kath nodded and walked beside him.

The way she handled things was simple: even when she's ecstatic about everything, she managed to act calm about it. Even if she was totally becoming heart-eyes emoji as she saw the romantic candle-lit table Daniel - or his friends - had prepared for her, she managed to keep her euphoria to herself.

One of the many reason why Kathryn is a good actress. She knows how to control and hide her emotions. And maybe, just maybe, she's good at pretending.

Daniel, being a gentleman he always is, pulled the chair out for Kathryn. She gave him a sweet smile in return. With that smile, Daniel thought he was going to pass out. He sat across her with his shaky hands reaching out for Kathryn's hand.

Kathryn wanted to pull away, but... that would ruin the plan.

"Uhhh, gusto mo na bang kumain?" Daniel asked. Kath nodded. Hindi niya alam kung anong sasabihin niya.

Daniel started serving his woman as Endlessly by The Cab started playing. The boys were somewhere around the garden. Lester was taping the whole thing. Daniel wanted to remember this moment, that's why he asked Lester to film the whole night. He was just so sure that everything would go right. The other boys were making sure that no on interrupted their date, and they were doing a good job at it. Katsumi was assigned for the music choice, and Daniel mentally thanked him for his choice of song.