HG14. "I'm happy for her."

Chapter Fourteen

"Of course I know you, Julia." I breathed out.

"I'm not that hard to forget, DJ." she smirked.

"It's okay, Aissa." I told my secretary. She nodded and discreetly left my office.

Julia walked and made her way towards the seat in front of me.

I looked at her. She's still the same. The way she walked, she talked and she smiles. She has gotten taller, of course. Still beautiful, no doubt.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after observing her.

"Done checking me out?" she asked then laughed. "Masama bang bisitahin ka, Mr. Padilla?"

Umiling ako. What the heck? Of course, she's here to ruin everything again. Nandito na si Kath eh.

"If you're thinking that I came back to screw you again, you're wrong." sabi niya. I didn't speak. Wala akong gustong sabihin sa kanya.

I want her to leave now, but she's a woman. Damn it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again. I want this done and over with.

She laughed.

"Ni hindi ka pa nag hello man lang sa akin." she muttered. "Oh well, some things never change."

"Get to the point, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Visiting you!" sagot niya. "It's been like four years?"

"Five," I corrected. "Bakit ka bumalik?"

"Masama bang umuwi ako?" she asked. "Did you ask the same with Kath noong umuwi rin siya?"

"Julia..." I trailed off. "I'm... kind of trying to fix things with me and Kath. I'm trying to win her back."

"And your point is?" tanong niya. "Woah, woah, woah.... You're actually thinking I came here to ruin whatever your plan is?"

I just stared at her. Of course, yun ang iniisip ko.

"You stupid freak." sabi niya at tumawa. "I came here to get married."

Itinaas niya yung kamay niya ipinakita yung engagement ring niya.

I stared at her?

Julia? Getting married? With her attitude and all? I would never think that she'll get married before me.

I let out a laugh. "What's so funny, stupid?" tanong niya.

Umiling ako. "Nothing.. it's just that, I never thought na mas mauuna ka pang magsettle down before me."

This time, she laughed. "May karapatan din akong maging masaya no."

"Of course." sabi ko. "I'm happy for you."

"You should be." sabi niya at may inilabas na maliit na white envelope sa clutch niya. "I'm inviting you."

"Talaga?" I asked.

"Shut up," sabi niya at kinuha ko yung invitation. "it's on September 21."

"JC's getting married as well." sabi ko.