the match of a lifetime

When we arrived in the underworld it clicked in Merith and I's heads exactly where we were.

"How long has it been? Four.. Five years? Merith." A voice called out as several people descended from the stairs.

Merith was silent, just glaring daggers, this wasn't her family, not anymore.

"My, my Hiro.... You've certainly grown into a dashing young man~" a familiar voice called out. Irene...

"Looks like the scrawny fuck has grown a bit." Geralt spoke as he walked right up to me, a stare down commencing between us.

"Now now you two... Save it for the fight, it's without a doubt that you two are the opening match." Tamara spoke, now she had enough authority to calm Geralt down.

"We were kind enough to accommodate your household with a room, the winner of this match gets their own rank in the underworld, along with a castle or a mansion to cement their status." Evan looked at Merith and I with a smug grin, like he planned on winning at any costs.

"Whatever." Merith gestured us to follow and we did, moving past her family as we vanished into our room, well at least what was supposed to be a room, their first plan to try and win was to have us tired for tomorrow so we wouldn't be at full strength. Fortunately Merith had prepared for their tomfoolery and packed blankets, plus Merith, Xenovia, Ann, Kanna and even me made excellent pillows for the rest of the group thanks to our chests, I mean it was pretty funny that my chest was big enough to fit several people's heads.

The night ended with everyone fast asleep.

The next day it was finally time, at least for the first match in the Rating Game Placement Match, the ultimate chance for an up and coming household to climb the ranks and become known by the strongest households, each of the major households had a representative to watch, there was Rias Gremory, Sona Sitri, Riser Phenex, and a man by the name of Sairaorg. The four of them were to oversee the winning household and be rewarded with a home among the elite, a mansion.

"Alright now listen up Geralt, because I'm only gonna say this once." Evan stared his son right in the eyes. "You maim Hiro as much as you can, so long as you don't kill him."

A grin was plastered on Geralt's face as he nodded and ran towards the arena, the sound of the crowd roaring as an announced stepped up.

"First off we've got the pawn of the Cross household... Geralt Cross!" The announced shouted as the crowd began to shout even more, they came to see people beat the shit out of each other and by golly... Are they gonna get it.

"And the second challenger is the Queen of the Odachi Household... Hiro Odachi!"

The crowd still roared but were confused, why was the queen of the household bearing the household last name when no one else had it, they had no idea that Merith named her household because of me.

I slowly walked towards the center as a man stood between us, the arena could shift into whatever the Cross king wanted, and for some reason he chose a wrestling ring, like a huge wrestling ring.

The man started to count down but before he reached one Geralt had run towards me and hurled a punch towards me, clearly he had no intention of following the already loose rules so I stood there.

The punch landed square on my cheek as I staggered, I didn't feel anything except for the sting of the punch.

The man cleared the ring and the fight had begun, he was smart... Not even letting me access my Sacred Gear.

'Hey kid, you good?' Ryuuk questioned as I nodded.

"That was a dirty trick from the cross boy, but an expected one, you can't win these kinds of things through niceities alone, you have to be savage." Sona spoke as Riser nodded.