The pieces are falling together

With the revival of Hiro, and a true reflection of how Merith really feels about our hatred filled protagonist, along with the forming of the Odachi Household, the story continues...

"What will you do now? Since you've become the head of a household there are responsibilities, Merith." Rias looked at her and then me, her body relaxing at my sight, she really was glad I was alive. But she was also a bit cautious as to how I was feeling after not only losing to the one I swore to kill, but losing so easily.

In reality she was right to be cautious, I hated Vernal most of all, or at least I thought. In reality I hated myself the most for failing, not only for myself but what if Vernal felt like killing everyone else? That would be on me and me alone.

Akeno kept holding on to me as she rested her head on me, I believe she had the same idea of what I was feeling but at the same time she was different about it, like she didn't mind.

"What I'll do next... That's a tough one, I only started this household shindig so I could save mah boi, but I guess... I'll have to gain more pieces to have a leg to stand on." Merith stared into space for a moment, like me we were unsure of what to do.

"Rias, may I make a request?" Xenovia spoke for the first time since the fight began, that same calm in her voice as Rias nodded, allowing her to speak.

"I'd like to request a transfer, to Merith's household."

When Xenovia said that Issei and Asia were shocked, honestly shocked whereas Koneko just stared absent minded, Akeno and Rias weren't shocked at all, "may I ask why?" Rias wasn't mad or anything, just curious as to why, though she kind of saw this coming.

"Ever since that day, when the Fallen Angels attacked Irina and I, and Hiro came to save us. I've felt this... Longing, to be near him, I'm his sword after all, and where he goes I'll follow."

Rias nodded and raised her hand, like the contract between her and Xenovia was given to Merith, and when that happened Xenovia slowly walked over to me and stood there, like a knight protecting their queen. Xenovia was now Merith's first knight.

"So that's a queen and a knight down.. If we're playing this by chess rules I'd need a pawn, another knight, two bishops, and two rooks." Merith mumbled to herself as she looked at me, the air was silent before Rias spoke up.

"I can talk to my father about perhaps getting an arrangement in the underworld, perhaps a small household, but from there everything else will be your own work, even participating in placement Rating Games, and eventually.. You'll climb the ranks and be in official Rating Games, and who knows? Perhaps one day we'll face each other in a match, one I do not intend to hold back in."
Rias had a bit of a competitive smile on her face as Merith grinned.

"Once I get my guys and climb the ranks I'm gonna beat your butts and win, you can count on that. Right mah boi?" Merith looked at me, Akeno had let me go as I stood up, I wasn't looking at anything but then I focused on Merith before nodding.

"Yeah.. We'll win."

Issei stepped forward and held out his hand, "then let's keep training for that day, and when that day comes, we'll go all out and blow everyone away." His hand closed into a fist.

I stared at said fist for a moment before nodding and showing a slight smile, my hand balling into a fist of my own as we lightly pressed said fists against each other, a promise. Made between two dragons. "So live until that day, Issei."

'Aww damn.. You're saying I gotta wait to kill Ddraig? Eh it's not a big deal, once he's strong enough the defeat will taste all the more sweeter!' Ryuuk cackled out, 'but on another part, how are you holding up kid?' Ryuuk was worried, probably because of all of the anger festering inside of me.