Chapter twenty eight

Willow narrowed her eyes. "You replaced me. Mom quit trying to have a relationship with me as soon as you showed up. Dad was the only one cared and you got him sent to prison."
      Gracelyn crossed her arms. "In case you didn't know it he is a murderer and he was killing me." Gracelyn snapped and took a step forward.
     "He would never do that!" Willow snapped.
"But he did." Gracelyn said and stepped onto the walkway. "And you don't have to believe me. It doesn't hurt me one bit. I hardly know you." Gracelyn said.
Willow clenched her fists. "I don't believe you."
Gracelyn shrugged. "Alright." She snapped. "Goodbye then." She snapped and turned around. She walked into the house and slammed the door. She instantly winced when it slams into the back of her head. She fell to the floor and her sister looked at her.
The baby started crying from the other room. "She just fell asleep Gracelyn!" Stella yelled.
Gracelyn stood up. Her head started pounding with a dull ache that grew. "Sorry Stella." She said and crossed her arms.
Willow looked at her sister. "Sorry I didn't know you were right by the door."
"What do you want?" Gracelyn asked.
Willow sighed and crossed her arms. "I just-" she sighed. "I'm a bitch, I know. I believe you know. I just couldn't believe that our father could do something like that."
Gracelyn heard Stella singing softly to the baby. She looked at willow. "Let's talk in the kitchen." She said and led the way.
She sat down and willow did the same. "Are you Okay? The door hit you hard." Willow said.
     As if on cue the pounding in Gracelyn's head intensified. She winced and looked at the table. "I'm fine." She snapped. As if her sharpness would take away the dull ache.
     Willow nodded and blushed. "Look, I'm sorry okay? I shouldn't have said you replaced me. Sure mom and dad ignored me more but that's to be expected. I shouldn't have ran away because of my silly reasons." Willow said.
    "They shouldn't have ignored you at all." Gracelyn said. "You should have talked to them of course but they shouldn't have treated you like that." Gracelyn said.
     Willow looked at her. She smiled slightly. "You're smart."
      Gracelyn smiled back. "Would you stay for dinner willow?"

     Gracelyn bounced her daughter gently at the table. Her head still pounded.
     Stella refused to talk to Gracelyn's sister.
    "Willow I'm glad your back in town. It's been a while. Have you visited mom yet?" Gracelyn asked.
    Willow shook her head. "Not yet."
    "I assume you've heard she has two younger daughters yes?"
      Willows eyes widened. "She does?"
      Gracelyn nodded. "They're sweet girls."
"I'll have to pay a visit." Willow said.
"Why are you still here?" Stella asked sharply. "After what you did I should-"
"Ignore her." Gracelyn said and shot Stella a dark look. "She's tired."
       Stella stood up. "Shut up Gracelyn." She narrowed her eyes at willow. "I don't like you. After tonight I never want to see you again." She snapped and picked up the baby from Gracelyn and walked upstairs.
      Willow let out a breath.
      "Sorry about her. She doesn't usually act like this." Gracelyn said and stood up.
       Willow shrugged. "I'm not liked by a lot of people."
       Gracelyn looked at her older sister. "Mom lives down the street. Do you want to see her? I'll walk you. You can meet lily and Eliza."
     Willow shook her head. "That's not a good id-"
      "Nonsense. I'll be there the entire time." Gracelyn said.
      Willow didn't argue. They walked to the door. "What if she doesn't want to see me?"
      Gracelyn walked with her sister down the sidewalk. "She said herself that she loves her children no matter what."
      Willow shook her head as they walked. "That's not how I see it." She said softly.
      Gracelyn led willow up the porch and knocked on the door.
       Eliza answered. "Gracie! Hi hi!" She looked at willow. "Who are you?"
      Their mother appeared behind Eliza. "Eliza who is-" she froze. Her hand covered her mouth. "Willow?"
      Willow blushed. "Hey mom." She said softly.
       Gracelyn took a step back. "I should leave you two alone."
        Gracelyn left willow and her mother to speak alone. She walked back to her house. She walked inside and saw Stella clearing The table.
     She walked over and wrapped her arms around stellas waist. "I love you."
      Stella sighed and turned around. She kissed gracelyns head. "I love you too. But your sister still a bitch."