Chapter eighteen

Stella grabbed Gracelyn's hand and looked at the blood. "Holy shit! What happened?"
"Nothing. An asshole catcalling and he took it too far." Gracelyn said. "Wanna walk me home? I'll get cleaned up there." She said.
Stella nodded. "Y-yeah." She said and walked Gracelyn down the sidewalk. "Are you dizzy? Anything?"
Gracelyn shook her head. "Ah you still haven't figured it who I am. Where I came from?"
Stella shook her head. "I haven't looked."
"I was kidnapped when I was tenish. I just escaped. This doesn't hurt. I've been through worse." She said softly.
"Shit. I'm sorry." Stella said.
"Don't be." Gracelyn said. Stella walked her to the house. They walked inside. "Don't move your hand. The carpets all white. Mom will kill me." Gracelyn said.
Eliza walked into the room. "Your- whoa! What happened?"
The babysitter walked in. "Holy Shi-" gravely have her a dark look.
"Don't even think about it." Gracelyn snapped. "I'm fine Eliza. Don't worry. And don't you dare tell mom." She said and walked to the bathroom.
Stella looked at her younger sister and followed Gracelyn. Gracelyn sat on the tub and Stella grabbed a washcloth and the first aid kit. She knelt beside Gracelyn and lifted her shirt. She began to clean the wound. "You need stitches Gracelyn."
Gracelyn shook her head. "No."
"I'm serious. The cut is too deep. I think it might have punctured something." Stella said.
"I cannot go to the hospital. Mom will kill me if she found it I even left the house. Let alone got hurt. I'll never be able to leave again." She said softly. She sucked in a breath when Stella moved her hand.
"You said it didn't hurt." Stella said.
Gracelyn shook her head and bit her lip. "Something hurts. Not the cut." She said. Tears pricked her eyes.
"You need to be looked at." Stella said. "Please I beg you."
Gracelyn pressed her hand to her stomach. "Okay. Okay fine." She said softly. "It hurts too much to protest." She said softly.
Stella helped her stand and walked her out of the bathroom. They walked outside. Gracelyn gripped Stella's hand and they walked.
They finally reached the hospital.
A nurse looked over. "You're Officer. Anderson's kid. Come with me." She said and led her to a check out room.
Not fifteen minutes passed and her mother ran in. "What the hell Gracelyn?! Who the hell is this?! You left the house didn't you?!" She was screaming.
Gracelyn looked away. "I want a life." She whispered.
"You are to fragile! Don't you see that? Do you even know what's going on in this world?!" She yelled.
Stella pressed a hand to Gracelyn's stomach. "You're bleeding too much."
Gracelyn pushed her hand away. "You can control me."
"Like hell I can't! You're not an adult yet! You think you'll be able to handle the world?! You can't even handle walking down the sidewalk!" Her mother screamed.
Gracelyn sucked in a breath. "Get out." She said sharply.
"I am your mother and-"
"Get out!" She snapped.
Gracelyn's mother leaned on the wall. "No." She said.
The nurse walked in with the doctor. He checked her out. "Alright. Luckily you didn't get hit anywhere internally. You need stitches. It hurts because who ever did this didn't just stab the knife." He said. "Let's get you stitches."
He got to work and stitched her up. Stella sat next to Gracelyn. Her mother shooting dangerous looks at Stella.
Gracelyn closed her eyes. "My head is killing me." She mumbled.
The doctor looked at her. "Any medication you're on?"
"She got an infection from an injury in her past and she's on medication. It's only been two weeks. Her fevers and headaches are on and off." Her mother said. "The doctor said it'll be okay soon. If she's taking her medication." Her mother said.
Gracelyn shook her head. "I haven't thought about it for a few days."
"You haven't taken any?" The doctor asked.
"For a few days. Or-" she looked down. "A week or so."
"If you haven't taken the medication the infection could have gotten worse." He looked at the nurse. "Get her checked out. You two wait in the waiting room." He said to Gracelyn's mother and Stella. He followed the nurse and Gracelyn out of the room.