Chapter 14

Look Clint!  He IS a mermaid!
°•<*)))><    °•<*)))><    °•<*)))><

~Clint~

Yup, he stole my thunder.

_________________________________________

~Percy~

"What the hell?"

"Poseidon, like Poseidon, Poseidon?"

"So, Clint was right!  You are a merman?"

"You're like royalty!"

"Guys," I shouted over the chaos that was unfolding before my eyes.  Clint was pouting, Natasha stayed silent, but looked intrigues, Steve was just confused, Tony had, at some point, grabbed another bottle of Scotch ad was chugging straight from the bottle between questions, Bruce was muttering about the impossibilities of it and how of course he could't have just found a normal kid, and Thor was smirking like he knew this would happen all along.  and honestly, he probably did.  "Guys, shut up and I'll explain."  

Everyone shut up real fast after that.

"So, yes the Olympian Gods do exist, and just like in the stories, they have, for thousands of years, been having kids with mortals.  Their kids are called demigods.  I'm a demigod, my dad is Poseidon, and my mo is--was--Sally Jackson.  When I was born, my parents named me Perseus in hopes that his luck as the only hero with a happy ending would rub off on me.  I go by Percy though, and if any of you call me Perseus--except you, Thor-- I will kill you.  And yes, I could probably do that."

And then I told them my story.  I told them about Gabe and the thunderbolt incident, and about Grover and Annabeth.  I told them about the first prophecy and Thalia and eventually the war, and then losing my memories, and Tartarus, and losing Annabeth, and the second war, all the way to my mom's death.  "And then Bruce found me and I ended up here."

By the time I was finished, everyone was silent.  Even Thor seemed to be deep in thought.

"I hadn't heard about the end of the war with Gaia, Percy.  I'm so sorry."  Thor squished me in an awkward side hug that I didn't know I needed.  After a few moments, Clint broke the silence.

"So, does that make you like half mermaid, because in Ariel, Triton is--"

"Dude, don't even finish that, Triton's my brother."  Clint's jaw dropped.  "And no, I'm not a mermaid, but I can talk to sea animals...and horses.  I do have a pegasus back at camp called Blackjack though.  He's kinda an ass, but I love him."

"So all those stories we learned about the gods are real," Steve asked.  I nodded.  "Wow."

Tony snorted.  I guess when you're on your second bottle of scotch in two hours everything becomes kinda funny.  "First the Norse, then the Greeks, what's next, the Romans?"

"Did you not listen to the second half of my story?"

Tony's eyes got bid and he fell backward into the couch.  "Woah."  Natasha wrangled the bottle out of his hands and held it up to me.

"Woah, Nat, I don't drink."  She shook her head.

"No.  Make it move.  Since you can manipulate water, make it go down the drain."

"Can't.  There's like, no water in that.  If you bring me a cup of water or something water based, I could do it though."  Natasha poured out the drink, much to Tony's disappointment, and came back with a cup of water.  She held it out in front of me and I grinned.  The rest of the room watched in awe as the water floated out of the cup and took the form of a pegasus.  It flew around the room and came to land on my hand.  I looked at Natasha, who smiled back.

"Okay, I believe you."  She turned back to the team.  "We need to tell Fury.  SHIELD needs to know.  However, as it is apparent that the Greeks and us have lived peacefully for a very long time, if he decides to come for you or any of your friends which is doubtful but possible, I will, and I assume that the team will, stand with you, Percy."  Everyone nodded, and I felt a weight lift off my shoulders.

"You're a good kid," Steve said from his place on the floor, "and you've been through so much more than anyone should--especially at your age.  I hope you can find a safe place here, and--"

"I hope we can meet your pegasus, sharkboy."  Steve raised his eyes at Clint who grinned.  I laughed.  "What?  We were all thinking that!"

"I think I can make that happen," I said, and Thor laughed beside me.

"I would very much like to meet your heroic steed from the stories.  I hear he is quite courageous."

I snorted.  "Yeah, only if I bribe him with donuts."  Thor laughed and Clint decided to take the moment to commandeer the remote and pick a moment.

"Okay guys, this was fun but it's still movie night, so shut up."

Tony looked at his hands and then at Clint.  "You stole the remote.  Why'd you steal the remote?"  Clint rolled his eyes and looked at me.

"This one's for you, Perseus."  I raised my eyes, scared of the answer I was about to get.

"What is it?"

Clint laughed again.  "Attack of the Titans, obviously!"  I groaned.  "Just you wait! Tonight's a double feature starring Hercules next!"

"Nooo, those movies get everything wrong!"

Natasha grinned.  "This is just the beginning, kid.  He's gonna have a field day with you."

I slumped in my seat.  Great.

So, That's a wrap.  I do hope it wasn't too rushed.  I just made a discord so if you want you can join!  It's just for fun but I will post updates and stuff about future stuff and you can post requests I may or may not make.  It was actually a lot of fun to come write this, so while I'm not super into PJO anymore, those books will always have a special place in my heart since I learned how to read and fell in love because of them.  So, for that reason, if you do have requests, I'm not opposed to doing some little one shots for this crossover.  or other fandoms if I know them.

Okay, one last question, because I do like questions, they're fun:  There's something magical about reading/watching and felling in love with something for the first time.  If you could reread any series and re-watch any show and/or movie for the first time again and re-experience the magic again, what would they be?

mine would be the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, show would be Doctor Who, and Movie would have to be Les Mis!

Oh!  I almost forgot, Here's the discord.  I'll put it on my profile too, but here ya go!  If it doesn't work, let me know bc I've never done one before haha!   https://discord.gg/TbvdZdS