Chapter 10

Hey, guys. So, here's the deal. I'm not as into Percy Jackson as I was (John Mulaney, tho is another story so listen to the bit above bc it's my favorite and has nothing to do with the chapter haha), and as a result my writing (obviously) kinda stopped. i also was having a hard time in school and now I've made it to College and plan on majoring in animal science to become a vet! And that's like, all my free time! So, i recently figured out my password that I 100% lost like a year and a half ago and decided that I'm gonna try and give you the ending you deserve within a few chapters. Hopefully it's not too rushed!

Also, I am writing another story about pirates so maybe I will post that (and stay with it -_-). I can post the first couple chapters if y'all want. It's like a Pirate/Alice in Wonderland thing i accidentally started (long story >.<) as an exploration of Psychology and personality. It's hard to explain ha ha!

So, without further ado, here's the beginning of the end (which sounded ominous but i promise it won't be bc my pirate story is dark enough -3-)

P.S. ignore the grammar, i'm not planning on editing these

______________________________________________

~Natasha~

So, Operation:Who is Percy turned out to be a whole lot harder than we thought. From the get go, it was easy to figure out he has some pretty massive secrets (even Clint got that and he's the most dense super assassin you'll ever meet). the hard part was cracking them without finding a million more hidden underneath.

We tried to start simply and talk to the kid... just him and Thor, one on one. And when Thor came out, he said they had a great talk! Said Percy really opened up! And then he said he couldn't tell us anything at all because it would be breaking their scared oath of brotherhood, or something along those lines. So, next up was Bruce, who we could only hope would have more loyalty to his TEAM than our other so-called teammate. All Bruce could get out of him was that his favorite color was neon pink and he loves mosquitoes... two things that I have no doubt are lies. I mean, nobody in their right mind likes mosquitoes! Since it seemed all the men on this team are idiots, i decided to take matters into my own hands. The boy just lost his mother, so surely he'd open up to a motherly figure.

Percy was sitting on the couch watching some movie... Moana, I think... with Bruce when I found him. I sat down and texted Bruce my plan.

"Hey Percy, I think I'm going to go get some groceries real fast. You good watching the movie with Nat? It's one of her favorites." I glared at him and he smiled back.

"Yeah, I'm good," Percy replied. Bruce nodded and headed toward the elevator. he got halfway there when Percy suddenly leaped up and spun around, startling the poor man. "Actually, can you pick up some blue food coloring? Oh! and some cake mix too!"

Bruce raised his eyes, but nodded. "Kinda a strange request, but sure." Percy nodded and sat back down.

After he left, I decided it was my cue to start the "motherly questioning session."

"So, blue food coloring and cake mix? Sounds like some ingredients to make a bomb." Percy laughed and looked over at me with that goofy sideways grin of his.

"Not intentionally, no, although i have been known to blow up a few cakes in my day. I swear it was an accident though... I've never intentionally tried to kill someone with an exploding birthday cake."

"Never intentionally? Please don't tell me that means it's happened unintentionally."

Percy, looked down, ashamed. Oh gee, don't tell me he has. this kid is never going to be allowed near the kitchen again without supervision. "It was a goldfish."

"Huh?"

"A goldfish. I blew up a cake and it killed my goldfish, who was teaching me how to cook because she lived in the kitchen and watched my mom do it all the time. She was a great cook, but I guess Ms. Bubble Butt was not."

"Are you sure it wasn't suicide? If my name was Ms. Bubble Butt I'd want to die too."

"NO! She definitely did not, woman! I fed her so much of my mom's cakes and cookies that she was the happiest fish ever! She told me she was!"

"Oh, so you can talk to fish now? I guess that explains how she was teaching you to cook." Percy's eyes got really big, like I'd figured out his greatest secret.

"NO! I definitely can't talk to fish...or sharks! But sharks are really big fish, so that was obvious...come on Percy, don't be such an idiot. Whales! Can't talk to those either. Nope nope nope, and definitely not dolphins either! That would be so silly, talking to sea creatures..."

I raised my eyebrows at him, but dropped it. "You're a funny kid. And awkward. If you ever want a girl, I'd advise against rambling about fish, dude." The kid got quiet and looked back at the ground. Did I say something? "Wait, do you have someone?"

"I did. She was killed by her aunt... or something like that. By the time I found her, it was too late."

"oh, I'm sorry." I mentally added another tally to the People the kid has lost category. "That must've been hard."

"It was. Almost as hard as my mom and step dad." Percy looked so broken in that moment, that I felt something well up in my heart. I wanted to help him, but i didn't know how.

"Your mom must've been pretty special." Damn, Natasha, what was that? He obviously doesn't want to talk about it.

"Yeah," he replied, "She was the greatest. Before Paul, she was married to a pig to protect me from my dad's enemies. But then she could't take it anymore and got rid of him. When she met Paul, I was so happy for her...they were so happy." So maybe i did say the right thing. Percy was actually opening up!

"Your dad? He must've had a lot of enemies. Why couldn't he have taken you in? Not that I mind having you around, you're a good kid." He snorted--actually snorted like a pig-- and leaned back.

"That man has no idea how to raise a kid. If it was up to him I'd live on a boat in the middle of the Pacific." Thunder rumbled in the distance and Percy got up and and stretched. "I think I'm gonna go get ready to make some cupcakes now, Bruce should be back soon. Wanna help?"

"Well I'm not gonna let you kill another goldfish," I joked as i followed him to the kitchen.

________________________________________________

~Bruce~

when i got back, Natasha and Percy were laughing in the kitchen. Natasha shouted at me to throw the cake mix and food coloring, which were intercepted by Percy who was a good foot taller than the woman. While they started to do whatever it was they were doing, I texted her and asked her how the talk went. She texted back great, and she'd tell me all about it once the cupcakes were safely out of the oven.

I snorted at how she worded that and put everything else away before heading down to the lab to see what trouble Stark was up to.