Chapter Five

~Percy~

Okay, okay, I admit it. I probably could have gone back to camp if need be. So yes, I did actually have a place to stay. However, if I went back, Jason and the others would never leave me alone. I mean, sure I think it's great they want to be there for me, but honestly, I just need some space. Oh, and don't get me started on my dad, he would probably never leave my side. I mean, seriously, after the war, it was either him or Apollo at all times for like, a week and a half! So, yeah. Besides, I trusted this Bruce Banner guy, he seemed kind and caring. Kind of like he actually wanted to help.

We were walking back to wherever we lived when I realized something; he said something about friends. How many were there? What if I don't fit in? What if they set off a flashback... what would I tell them then? And what about the nightmares? They'll hear me scream. Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all...
_____________________________________

~Steve~

Bruce had been gone for a while, and honestly, I was starting to get worried. Clint and Natasha walked into the living room having a very heated argument about pancakes. Strange, I know. Natasha said blueberry pancakes were the best, but Clint disagreed. He said chocolate chip was better. Call me old-fashioned, but personally, I prefer plain over anything. Anyway, I was getting worried about Bruce, so I decided to go see if I could find him. As I headed to the elevator, I heard it ding and open. Then, Bruce walked out, talking to a rather tramatized looking boy.

"Hey Bruce, I was just about to go looking for you. You were gone for a while," I said smiling.

"Oh, Steve! Yeah, sorry I got sidetracked a little," he replied.

"I see you brought a friend," I said, looking at the boy.

"Oh! Yes, I did. This is Percy. His mom and step dad died in the fire, and he didn't have anywhere to stay, so I said he could stay with us."

I smiled at Percy and extended my hand towards him. "Hello son, I'm Steve, Steve Rogers." He nodded and shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm Percy." He looked up at me for a moment before letting his eyes drop back down to the floor. "I guess I'll be staying with you guys for a little while"

"Hey, Steve, I need to go run a few errands. Do you mind giving him the grand tour? I think he would like to meet everyone else as well, if that's okay," Bruce said while heading back to the elevator.

"Sure! I'd be happy to," I replied. Motioning for Percy to follow me, I headed back to the living room where Clint and Natasha were. They wete now arguing about something else. I wonder who had won that pancake fight...
_____________________________________
~Natasha~

Clint and I were arguing about who the best Olympian was when Steve walked in with a boy. Wait, what?

"Hi Steve, who's that," I asked him. The boy appeared to be hiding behind him; almost like he was trying to disappear.

"This is Percy. Bruce found him and he will be staying with us since he has nowhere to go," Steve said matter of factly.

"Hello Percy, I'm Natasha, and this is Clint," I said introducing us both.

"I could have introduced myself you know," Clint whined, making me roll my eyes.

"Where's Bruce now," I asked Steve.

"He went to run some errands," he replied. I nodded, then turned to Percy.

"We need help settling an arguement," I said to him. "Whoever you agree with will win. You ready?" He nodded, finally coming out from behind Rogers. "Okay, which Olympian is better; Apollo or Athena?"

He grinned before giving an answer. "Neither," he said, "the best one is obviously Posedion." Still grinning, he looked up at Steve and said,"Now that that's settled, where will I be staying?"

"I'll show you," Steve replied before waving at us and heading off toward the living quarters. Man, the nerve of that kid, I mean Posideon, really? How is he any better than Athena? I looked at Clint, who looked just as confused a I was.
_____________________________________
~Percy~

I was still smiling to myself about the whole Posideon thing when Steve stopped abruptly and I walked into him. Then, he opened the door to a room and motioned me to go inside

"This will be your room. Mine is on your immediate left with Bruce's directly across the hall. Clint is to Bruce's right, Natasha is directly next to that, Tony is to Bruce's left, and down one, and Thor, whenever he is here, is between Tony and Bruce," he said, pointing to each room in turn. "I'll just leave you to get situated. If you need anything at all I'll be in the gym. Jarvis will help you find it," he said.

"Okay thanks, wait, who's Jarvis," I asked him

"Oh, Jarvis is Tony's AI system. He's in the entire building. Say hello, Jarvis."

When Steve told the air to say hello, I tried unsuccessfully to stifle a laugh. Steve looked at me amused as the air answered back. "Hello sir, Mr. Percy," it greeted.

"Remember, if you need anything, ask Jarvis where the gym is. I'll be there if you need me for anything at all," Steve reminded me as he walked away.

Wow. This place is HUGE! I mean this room alone is bigger than my old apartment. The walls were a tan, and the bed was white, making it all rather neutral. I put my backpack, which now held everything important to me, down on the bed and went to check out the bathroom. "Woah," I muttered, opening the door.

The bathroom was about the size of my old room. It was blue and green, with paintings of sea creatures framed all over the wall. Perfect for me I must say.

Then I left my room and went into the living room to see if Clint and Natasha were still there. They were. Clint nodded at me, and Natasha eyed me suspiciously. I went to the kitchen, which was on the other side of the kitchen and found a snack. Walking back, I noticed Natasha was still eyeing me. Akward. I went to the elevator and asked Jarvis to take me to the gym. So far, Bruce and Steve are the nicest, so I think I'll go hang with Steve since Bruce isn't here. Jarvis brought me down to the 65th floor where Steve was beating up punching bags. Gods he's strong.
____________________________________

What do you guys think about the story so far?

~Chelsea Out~