Chapter Three

-Percy-

Okay, so picture this: all 12 Olympians, plus Hades and Hestia, all staring at me as soon as my dad and I appeared in the middle of the throne room. My dad released my shoulder and joined the other Olympians, taking a seat on his throne. Then, he looked down at me with a sad expression. I wonder what's wrong.

I bowed to the gods, and then just stood there akwardly while they all continued to stare. "Uh, guys, this is really akward," I said, making Apollo, Hermes, and Dad smile. Then Zeus spoke up.

"Persons Jackson," he boomed. Man, he's really loud. "We must tell you something. Your mother, well- Posideon maybe it would be better coming from you. You are, after all, the boy's father." Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good.

Posideon frowned and looked down. Nope, definitely not good. "Dad, what is it? What's wrong," I asked. A feeling of dread was slowly taking over.

Then he said the one thing I hoped to never hear in my enture life. "Percy, son, th-there was a fire at your apartment complex. Your mother and Paul were rescued, but they-they didn't make it. The doctors tried to save them, they really did, however they died on the way to the hospital. Percy, son, I'm really, really sorry."

No! No, this isn't true. This can't be true. They're alright. Mom, Paul... they have to be. They just have to be. I couldn't keep it in any longer. Sinking to my knees, I started to cry. "No! No, Dad your-your lieing! Th-they can't dead," I choked out between my sobs.

Next thing I know, Dad had shrunk down and was giving me a huge hug. He sat next to me, and I cried into his shirt. He didn't mind, though. He just sat there, giving me a comforting presence.

"I'm sorry, son. I wish it wasn't so," Dad said, before becoming silent. We just sat there for what felt like hours; me, the saviour of Olympus, crying into my dad's arms.

"I-if only I had been there... I-I could have stopped the fire... I-I could have saved them. I-it's my fault dad, my fault," I said Posideon didn't say a word, but instead shook his head.

A few more minutes of silence passed before he replied. "No, Percy, it wasn't. You didn't know. Son, I promise you, it wasn't your fault." I'm sure he kept talking, but I had fallen asleep in front of the entire council.
_____________________________________

~Posideon~

Poor Percy. He thinks it's his fault. He's blaming himself for their deaths when he never could have saved them. He had no way of knowing. After he fell asleep, I picked him up and told Zeus I would be at Camp with Percy of he needed me.

After the latest war, Zeus lifted the ban on Olympians not being able to see our children. We were all really excited to hear that, and we are all now trying to be for them as much as possible.

I appeared in Cabin 3 and laid Percy on his bed before going to talk with Chiron and the rest of The Seven about Percy. He needed his friends more than ever right now.
_____________________________________

~Bruce~

After I finished Little Shop of Horrors, I decided to watch some tv. When I changed to tv, the news was on, so I shrugged and decided to just watch that.

Wow, apparently there was a huge fire just a mile from here. 15 people died and 23 more were injured and in the hospital. I sighed that's really sad.

Deciding to go tell Steve, I turned off the tv and went to the gym. He usually likes to be up to date on things like this and, knowing him, will want to go visit the people at the hospital and try to cheer them up. He likes to do things like that.

_____________________________________

~Athena~

Gods, poor Percy. I may not like the little sea spawn, since he is the offspring of Posideon, but I don't hate his guts like I used to. Besides, he of all heros doesn't need this right now. I mean, after loosing Annabeth in Tartarus and the war, loosing his mortal family just isn't fair. Honestly I'm worried about him. Perceus lost the will to live after the giant war, and now, after this, he may never recover. I believe he just lost that last sliver of hope and happiness with the loss of Sally and Paul. It will be a miracle if he bounces back.

The question of the hour is... Do you believe in miracles, Percy, because I'm no longer sure I do.
_____________________________________

~Bruce~

After talking with Steve for a little while, I decided to walk down to Central Park. Steve said it was a great idea, and that some fresh air would do me good. I bet he is right. I think I'll walk by that apartment that burned down on my way. I'm kinda curious how much is left in tact.
_____________________________________

Sorry kind of a boring chappie. It was important and sort of a setup for the plot