Chapter Four

~Percy~

I woke up in my cabin at camp after crying myself to sleep in front of the entire council. Gods, how embarrassing. Anyway, I woke up to see my dad in the far corner of the room. Wait, is he snoring-I guess he got bored. Oh well. Gods, I'm getting off topic again. Why do I keep doing that, stupid ADHD! Well, I rolled over to my left and came face to face with the rest of the Seven, well minus me and...her.

"Hey! Sleeping Beauty finally decided to join the world of the living," Leo shouted loud enough to wake dad. He made this wired snorting sound as he was pulled out his sleep. As he opened his eyes, Leo and I cracked up. Smiling, he rolled his eyes at the two of us and got up to join the others by my bed.

"Hey dad," I said nodding toward him. "Sweet dreams I hope?" Leo snorted at the comment aan the others, including Posideon, rolled their eyes at me again.

He smiled. "Yeah, all sunshine and rainbows over here," he replied sarcastically.

I sighed sadly. Everything from yesterday suddenly flooding back. "Hey, Perce, you alright," Jason asked immediately picking up on my mood change.

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, I-I think so. Hey, I think I'm going to go for a walk. Maybe stop by the old apartment. I want to see if there is anything left."

"Okay son, just please, be careful," my dad said. Worry was evident in his eyes. I gave him a reassuring smile before getting ready to go.
_____________________________________
~Bruce~

I walked to the elevator, and pushed the button for the 1st floor. When I arrived there, I walked out the sliding double doors. I exited the building and took a right, towards the burned apartment. As I headed towards it, I quickly got lost in my thoughts.

I was thinking about how, maybe the others were right. I probably should take a break from the cure. Problem was, in order to do that, I would need to find a new distraction. Something to keep me occupied, and it can't just be watching musicals.

I arrived at the apartment about ten minutes later. Wow. From about the tenth floor to the top was absolutely singed. There was nothing left in those apartments. It's almost a miracle that nobody else got hurt. Almost. I looked at it for a few minutes, before heading to the park. However, as I started to leave, something, or someone, caught my eyes.

It was a boy, about 16 or 17. He had raven colored hair, but I couldn't see his eyes. Anyway, the boy was sitting against the wall, and appeared to be crying. Hmm, I wonder why. I walked over to him, and he tensed slightly, like he thought I was going to hurt him.

"Hey kid, what's wrong. Are you hurt," I asked him.

About three minutes had gone by and he hadn't so much as acknowledged me. I got up, slightly disappointed that I couldn't help him, when he spoke up.

"No I'm not hurt," he mumbled, "and honestly, I don't really know why I'm here." I turned back around and crouched in front of him. He tensed again.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," I tell him. "In fact, of you need help, I would be happy help. Please just talk to me." I was honestly rather concerned about this boy. Poor kid.

"I know you don't want to hurt me. Trust me, I can tell, but why would someone like you want to help some random boy? I-I mean, I'm not that important," he says back, looking up for the first time. I look him straight in his eyes. I want him to trust me, to let me help. He seems lost, and I can see it in his eyes. They were swirling sea green, and appeared to be full of anger and sadness and regret.

"Listen," I tell him. "You're not unimportant. Not at all! Everyone on this planet has a thing worth living for, and that includes you. Besides, I want to help because I can tell you need it. Now, please, tell me what's going on," I tell him.

He sighs, and then tells me how his mom and step father were killed in the fire while he was at a summer camp. As soon as the camp was over, the director told him. And then, when he got home, he came here to see if anything was left.

I felt bad for the poor boy. "Hey kid, do you have a place to stay," I asked him. It had suddenly dawned on me that he probably doesn't have a home anymore.

"First of all, my name is Percy, not kid, and second, no, I don't have a place to stay."

That's it! It has been decided. He is coming back to the tower. "Well, you could stay with my friends and me," I offer.

"Thanks Mr-"

"Banner. Bruce Banner," I say. Honestly I was sort of surprised he didn't know who I was.

"Well then, thanks Mr. Banner. If I wouldn't be too much trouble, that would b a nice."

"Of course, come on let's go," I told him as I immediately stood up. He got up too, and sort of followed me like a lost puppy. "By the way, you can just call me Bruce." Smiling, I led Percy back toward the tower.
______________________________________

Sorry that took so long. Been busy with back to school and vacation and my grandpa's birthday and all.
Bye

~Chelsea~