11 - Wish

Day 11, by Snowstorm174

When you hope, wish with all your might...

"I wish it wasn't so lonely here," whispered Cross, staring off into the white emptiness. "I wish I had a friend, someone who would understand."

X sighed, floating around in boredom.

They were both so very lonely and bored, not to mention sick of each other.

Sometimes, your wish might just come true.

The thunk of something hitting the ground.

A glitched whimper.

Cross's head popped up, his eyelights flickering to life as he woke up.

"Hello?" He called.

"Please... d-d-don't hurt me," rasped a fearful glitched voice from behind him.

He spun, and instantly spotted the source of the voice- a dark-boned skeleton lay there in a heap, bright red marrow leaking out of their many injures and coloring the ground a bloody crimson.

Cross gasped as the newcomer collapsed, their eyelights going dark. "Are you- actually, never mind, you are definitely not okay. I'm not too good at healing magic, but I'll try my best," he mumbled, quickly racing over to the newcomer as his hands began to glow a soft green with healing magic.

———

"I'm sorry if I didn't get them all... healing isn't my specialty," Cross said to the unconscious skeleton who laid beside him, their skull propped up with Cross's own jacket.

Their wounds had stopped bleeding, and Cross had used their shredded shirt to bandage the worst injuries he had been unable to heal. He'd focused on the potentially life-threatening ones, not wanting to waste his limited magic on the small injuries and have the other dust due to a large one.

"Please be okay," he murmured. "Please."

———

With a flicker, Error's eyelights glitched back into existence.

He blinked.

For some reason, he didn't hurt nearly as much as he'd been expecting to. The last thing he could remember was Ink nailing him dead-on with red paint, and though it did disappear after a few minutes, it always left him with painful burns. Not to mention the stab wounds, bruises, and half-healed breaks from all of the other attacks.

It made him a bit nervous, really- after all, who would be in the Anti-Void to do such a thing? And why would they help him? A glitch, a destroyer of worlds- admittedly forced to do so, but still... nobody would want to be his friend or heal him.

Blue was the exception, but then, Blue had always been the exception. And he knew that whoever had helped him wasn't Blue, as he had promised to not come back to the Anti-Void after how close he had come to being transformed into a glitch like Error himself.

Blue was lucky that Error had regained his sanity in time to let the other free, he was lucky to have gotten away with his mind still stable and his memories intact.

Even now, the smaller skeleton still had functions in his coding that could be unlocked, functions that could give him the power to decimate entire armies, but with terrifying backlash, backlash that would corrupt his code and destroy his mind. Error had been doing his best to repair the other's coding, but it was difficult for the two to find a time and place to meet up, especially with Error's job and Blue's overprotective brother.

"Oh! You're awake!" A voice exclaimed, one he'd never heard before.

Error was instantly up and alert, his multicolored eyelights darting around until he spotted the one who had spoken- a skeleton clothed in black and white, with heterochromatic red and white eyelights, and far more determination than a monster should be able to safely have.

"Who are you? What are you doing in the Anti-Void?" Error growled, hiding his anxiety behind a mask of being the destroyer, known throughout the Multiverse as a monster to fear.

"Anti-Void? This is what's left of X-Tale after X-Gaster screwed it all up," The other stated puzzledly. "Also, you probably shouldn't be standing on that leg, it had a nasty crack that I couldn't heal all the way."

"Name!" Error growled, interrupting the other's monologue. He still didn't trust this mysterious skeleton.

"Well... my name is Sans, but you can call me Cross," Cross said, staring at the other. "What's your name? Also, please sit down! You'll hurt yourself worse!"

"I'm fine," growled Error, ignoring Cross's worried expression. "And I guess you can call me Error. That's what I am, after all," he added, laughing glitchily.

"That doesn't seem like it should be a name..." Cross said sadly, before continuing cheerfully, "But if that's what you want to be called, then Error it is!"

The two talked for a while, Cross attempting to convince Error to sit back down, and Error completely unbothered by his remaining injuries.

All good things must come to an end, though, and Ink enjoys making new AUs too much to stop anytime soon.

"I've got to go," Error said glitchily, wincing as if his soul was being bombarded by flies. "But I'll come back, and I'll get you out of here once I find a safe place for you."

Cross nodded, smiling at the older skeleton in a cheerful, childish way.

"Nobody should have to go through what I went through..." added the glitch sotto voce.

—————

Cross sighed.

Error came to visit him whenever he had the chance, but that made the time between visits even more lonely.

He heard the glitchy noises signifying one of Error's portals, and a huge smile instantly appeared on his face as he turned to greet the other. Maybe he had even brought his other friend whom he talked about so affectionately!

"How long have you been waiting there, kid?" Error asked with a smile, looking at the younger, somewhat childish skeleton.

"Don't call me kid!" Cross complained, as he always did when Error called him kid.

"What, do you not want to leave?" Error asked with a smirk.

His eyelights wide and shining like stars, Cross hugged Error tightly, tears trickling down his face even as he smiled so happily.

"C'mon, kiddo," said Error, smiling as he opened a portal. "You can finally meet Blue, and a few new allies I made recently- specifically, a guy called Nightmare. He and I are working together now, and we made a deal- I'll destroy the worlds that shouldn't exist, the ones that are so very wrong, and in exchange, he'll allow you and I to live in his castle with his gang. Personally, I argue that it's less of a gang and more of a self-help group for those rescued from the 'dark' AUs, but I wouldn't tell him that," said the glitch with a laugh. "He probably wouldn't take it well."

Cross nodded, and followed his friend into the portal, and into a whole new life.