Chapter 31

Jooheon's pov

"They're, um, they're here. They got here a little after you did."

I looked into his blood red eyes, a mark on all of his followers. He twisted his lips into a grimy smirk. If Hyungwon knew I was here, I don't think he will ever forgive me.

"Good. You can leave now."

I nod my head and go to turn and leave, but his voice stops me. "Jooheon. Don't let anyone know of this meet up."

"Yes, Chanyeol."

————

Third pov

Hyungwon and the rest decided on going to get some food. They all walked animatedly, talking and learning more about each other.

Hyungwon, however, stayed quiet. He couldn't help, but shake the feeling that something wasn't right, especially with Jooheon. He would throw out a random agreement or laugh whenever the attention was put on him, but he mostly stayed within his thoughts.

"Psst, you okay?" Wonho nudged, sending the whispered question to the younger so the others wouldn't hear. Hyungwon quickly smiles and nods his head in response.

The older boy wasn't convinced, but he decided on asking about it later. They continued listening to Minhyuk and Kihyun talk about each other's worlds. Each boy was fascinated by the different cultures.

"Have you seriously never heard of pizza?! Please tell me you're joking! This is an outrage! Pizza is the light in this dark world."

"Kihyun, you'd love pizza," Hyungwon added in.

"Hey, when we're done saving our planet, can we hop over there and try some? You guys are making me feel left out."

Shownu, Hyungwon, and Wonho all laugh at the boy, while Minhyuk was still collecting his thoughts over how the other had never tried pizza.

"Min, it's going to be okay. He has survived up to this moment, I think he'll be fine without it. Don't stress too much." Hyungwon chuckles at the distorted, confused face on the older.

All of a sudden, a figure runs out in front of the group, not paying attention to their surroundings and almost bumping into Shownu.

"Jooheon? Hey are you okay?"

Jooheon stares at the guys, wide eyed for a moment before shaking his head, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thought I would be late and miss you guys. Surprise." He lets out an awkward laugh.

No one seemed to believe his words, but decided to move on and get food. Jooheon joined in and followed them to the restaurant.

It was a small cafe, but it was lively. The atmosphere felt calm and friendly. Hyungwon had met the owners many times before so it felt nice to be able to reunite with them again.

"Hyungwon?! Is that you?"

A small elderly woman calls out from behind the counter. The group of boys make their way to the front counter.

"I thought I recognized those long legs! How are you, my boy? It's been awhile. Where did you run off to? Jinyoung misses you."

Hyungwon smiles, glancing over at Wonho, who clearly had a look of jealousy. This made him chuckle. "He's ten and I used to babysit him. Don't worry."

He turns towards the lady, "Tell him that I miss him, too. Is he here today? Or is he with his parents?"

"He's out with a friend right now, but he should be back any moment. Will you stay? I'm positive he'll want to see you."

Hyungwon agrees with a smile and goes to put in his order, followed by his friends. Afterwards, they make their way to a table at the other end of the room, closest to the window.

"So, Jooheon, where have you been all day?" Kihyun asks as they all sit down. Minhyuk purposely took a seat beside Jooheon, causing the younger to blush.

"Oh, yeah, I had to meet with my mom and help with groceries. She's been struggling a lot lately, ever since dad died."

Everyone hums in response, no one wanting to continue the conversation in case it causes him more grief to think about.

"It's good to see you again, prince," Minhyuk comments to the younger. This causes him to blush even more.

"Why do you call him prince?" Shownu asks.

Hyungwon and Wonho chuckle at this. "Our Minhyuk has taken a liking to Joo. He called him a prince earlier." Everyone coos at the younger.

The playful scene was quickly ruined by the shout of Hyungwon's name. There was no mistaking the voice, as Hyungwon turned towards the entrance with a big smile on his face.

"Jinyoung!"