Chapter 17

Hyungwon was speechless, but also overjoyed. He was so happy to finally see his mom after so long. He doesn't waste any time to embrace her in a tight hug.

Her laugh sounds through his ears again and he had never felt more safe and at home than now.

"I love getting my turtle hugs from you. They always make me so happy."

They pull away and a realization hits Hyungwon.

"But I thought you were dead? What happened? How am I able to see and hug you right now? I missed you so much."

"I'm not real right now, baby turtle. I'm communicating to you through your memories. I am here because you're in danger. I know you wanted to place that mind block on yourself because you were in pain, but you need to stop grieving and take charge. You are strong, Hyungwon. You always were. I am so proud to call you my son. I know everything is confusing and seems so challenging, but you are stronger than you think. You aren't alone. You have your friends. They are all willing to help, you just need to ask. You also have me. Even though I can't be with you physically, I am with you right here."

She points to his chest where his heart is and he lets out a giggle.

Just having her here to talk with is already making Hyungwon feel at ease. Just her presence is enough to calm him down.

"I wish I could still be with you. I feel like I'm lost and I don't know what to do."

"I know, baby, but you just have to trust me when I say that you are going to be okay. You are strong, brave, courageous, and you have a huge heart. I know you can do it. Now I have to go. I can't stay much longer, but I want you to know that you are capable of anything. You are Chae Hyungwon."

"Wait, no! Please, don't go yet!"

Hyungwon stands up as she gets up to walk away. He feels sadness creeping in again. The moment ended quicker than he wanted.

As she walks into the garden and out of the circle, she looks back at him and smiles.

"I love you, my little turtle."

He watches her walk away, disappearing into the flowers. He tries to run after her immediately, but was only met with the bushes and greenery.

He aches to see her one more time, but knows it won't happen. He needed her. She was his light and strength, but fate had been cruel to take her from his life.

Hyungwon decided to go back to the bench to think some more. He needed to process everything.

As soon as he sits down, a sharp pain erupts in his head. He shouts from the immense agony and holds his head.

What is happening with him right now?

He falls over on to the ground as the pain grows more intense. He closes his eyes, trying to will the horrible feeling away.

All of a sudden, images flash in his mind. It was like someone popped his mind open like a water balloon. Memories flooded his head immediately and took over his brain. All he could do was let it happen as the images were too quick to see and process.

The moment soon left as quickly as it came. He felt relief wash over him. An ache in his head was left over, but it was reduced from what it was before.

Hyungwon tried to open his eyes, but soon came to realize that they wouldn't budge.

Why can't he open his eyes? Is he dead? He can't be dead! He has to be the savior. He needs to open his eyes.

Panic took over Hyungwon. He didn't know what was happening. He tried to get his mind to help heal himself, but it was like it was chained up, not able to do anything.

"Wake up."

He felt himself struggle so hard to open his eyelids. They weren't budging.

"Hyungwon."

He started to feel hopeless. He continued to work at opening his eyes even though it wasn't doing anything.

Why can't he just open his eyes? It shouldn't be that difficult.

"Hyungwon! Wake up. Now!"

Like a rubber band, Hyungwon's eyes snap open. He soon realizes he was back in his bedroom, with a panicked Changkyun, Minhyuk, and Wonho staring at him.