Chapter 23

The next morning, Hyungwon woke up abruptly to a loud Minhyuk running into his room shouting the younger boy's name.

With a groan, Hyungwon sits up to look at his loud friend.

"Mm what do you want? Why are you here so early on a Saturday? You know I love my sleep."

Minhyuk immediately jumps onto the bed beside Hyungwon, grabbing his shoulders, and began shaking him.

"You won't believe what I just dreamt about! Like it was the craziest thing ever!"

"And why the fuck are you in bed with my boyfriend?"

The two boys shoot their heads toward the bedroom door to find Wonho looking at them in amusement with a hint of jealousy.

Minhyuk rolls his eyes at the older, but gets off of the younger anyways. "Get over yourself, Hoseok. I've known the kid longer."

"Anyways, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," Minhyuk looks at Wonho, who was now sitting in the desk chair.

"I had this really cool dream. Your mom was there! Well, at least I thought it was your mom, Wonnie. She told me about how I'm supposed to help you on this journey, right? She also told me I had to protect you. Then, she put her hand on my forehead and like made me feel all dizzy oh and there was this bright light! Then, bam! I have powers now."

Minhyuk finishes his story with a proud smirk on his face, but it gets ruined by the two other boys laughing at him.

"Yeah, okay, sure." Hyungwon patted Minhyuk's head in a teasing manner.

The older boy rolls his eyes, but decides to show the other two that what he was saying was true.

And he was telling the truth.

He simply raised a hand while looking at the chair Wonho was in and, with a simple flick of his wrist, Wonho's chair fell over. He burst out laughing, as he saw the older struggle to get back up.

"Hey! That was rude!"

Instead of defending his boyfriend, Hyungwon was in awestruck, staring at his best friend with his mouth agape.

"What the fuck? You're like me now! Holy shit that's so cool, Minhyukie!"

"I know, right?! I wasn't sure, but when I woke up, I was feeling super lazy so I was waving my arms around thinking about how I had to get up for the day and I heard something fall on the ground. It was my blanket! I wasn't even moving my body around enough to make it even change position! So I waved my hand again and it waved back!"

Hyungwon giggles at the older, "It waved back?"

Minhyuk nods in excitement.

"That's cool and all, but wasn't I supposed to be the protector? Why'd you get powers? I want powers!" Wonho lets out a small whine with a pout painted on his face.

Hyungwon started cooing at his adorable boyfriend while Minhyuk nods in agreement.

"I was really confused about that, too. You're the designated protector. I'm just the helper to make sure Hyungwon is safe. I don't understand. Unless-"

"I swear if you tell me that you think you're supposed to be the protector, I'll slap those powers out of you," Wonho interrupts Minhyuk from his thought process.

"That's not what I was going to say. Don't get your panties in a twist. I meant, what if you already have the powers in you. Like, you need to unlock them or whatever. Like a video game," Minhyuk snickers at his own joke.

The three were lost in thought, thinking about why Wonho doesn't have his protector powers, that they didn't notice the fourth presence entering the room.

"Minhyuk is right."

Hyungwon jumps from his spot on the bed from fright, while Minhyuk and Wonho stare confused at the new voice.

"Dammit, Kyunnie. You can't just do that. Stop sneaking up on us."

Changkyun just shakes his head, but continues with what he was saying.

"Minhyuk is right. The powers are already inside of you, Hoseok. I can tell. I just don't understand why you're not able to feel them and why they aren't making an appearance. It's getting too late they need to be here to help you. Otherwise, Hyungwon won't be safe."

The three boys look at Changkyun in shock.