Chapter 30

"Hyungwon?!"

The three boys whip their heads towards the new voice. Changkyun, along with two unknown males walked into the room. One had navy blue eyes and the other had two different colored eyes: a bright green-yellow eye and a dark brown eye.

Hyungwon jumped up and immediately ran over to the small hamster-looking boy, who had his arms out while the younger wrapped his own arms around him.

"I missed you so much! We missed you so much. How are you? Did you take care of yourself? How was the new planet? Tell me everything!"

Hyungwon chuckles at the shorter boy. He was excited to be able to share his stories of the new planet especially to his friends. They all gather around on the couches in his living room.

"Wow, Hyungwon, you might need to dust the place," Shownu comments. The younger boy shakes his head at the comment, "Yeah I realize that, Captain Obvious. No one's been here for a couple of years."

Minhyuk laughs beside his friend.

"So, Shownu and Kihyun are my best friends here-"

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Changkyun cuts off.

"They know you already and yes you're one of my best friends, too. Don't get your panties in a twist. Anyways, this is Minhyuk, my best friend from the other earth and this is Wonho, my boyfriend."

A choking noise arises from Kihyun, that quickly turns into a laugh. "You actually found someone to deal with your annoying ass? Wow, Wonho, I admire you. He's a fucking handful."

Hyungwon smacks Kihyun's arm, while everyone laughs at the two. It felt good to be back.

"Okay, now tell me everything."

"Okay, so no one there has powers. Also, their eyes are bland colors-"

"Fuck you, too, then!"

Minhyuk's outburst receives a slap in the back of his head from Hyungwon. Everyone let's out amused chuckles.

"They also have these animals called squirrels! They're the craziest fucking mammals. They're like the size of a small dog and they have long, fluffy tails. They steal food from garbage containers and they fly without even having wings!"

"What?! No way! Are they failed science experiments?!"

Minhyuk and Wonho listen to the conversation, dumbfounded. Did they really not know what a squirrel was? They were annoying pests that ate your bird seed and got into attics. There really isn't anything at all that was interesting about them.

"They talked about having flying cars, but they never achieved it. We really need to show them our planet's technology. They would go nuts! My parents were really great, but my earth mother died recently. It hasn't been easy getting over that. My dad is convinced I'm on a field trip to the museum for an entire week-"

"Wait, you didn't tell him you were leaving?"

Hyungwon shakes his head at Kihyun. He didn't really think through the lie, but it worked and got the job done.

The rest of the night was spent reminiscing Hyungwon's time there and Minhyuk bickering with him about what really happened. Hyungwon's old friends were glad that he was able to take care of himself there and find two companions that he could trust with his life. They knew he wasn't very open to new people, so they welcomed them into their world with open arms.

"Where did Joo run off to?"

"Jooheon was here?"

Hyungwon nodded, a confused expression painting his face. Didn't they see each other earlier?

"He seemed to have something urgent to do. I don't know. Jooheon really didn't say much except that Changkyun said he would stop by. Did you see him earlier?" Hyungwon asked the younger.

"Yes, but only to let him know we were back. I didn't talk long with him. He's been very suspicious lately, I think he's hiding something."

Everyone was grew silent. This wasn't good. Jooheon has always been an open book. What happened when Hyungwon was gone?