Chapter 2

"Why do you let them do that to you?" Minhyuk asks, curiosity thick in his words.

The two boys were walking down the hallway to their first class, even though it was still too early.

Hyungwon shrugs, "Not much can be done. They're still going to be assholes to me."

"Why do they do that to you? They're rude and I don't like that they do that to my best friend."

Hyungwon just throws a smile at the other in response.

Minhyuk has tried to help in the past, but it just led to him getting bullied as well. So, Hyungwon had to tell Minhyuk to always get to the side otherwise it would get worse. He hated seeing the older boy get hurt, but if the two just let them do what they do, it'll be over quicker. That's the only way for them to get through high school, well at least that's what they think.

Hyungwon opened the door for the other and they both walk into the empty classroom, heading to the back row of desks where their picked seats were.

"Want to come over later? Mom's making her famous homemade pizza." Hyungwon asks the older.

"And by homemade you mean the frozen one from the grocery store?" Minhyuk doesn't look at the other as he drops his bag on to the floor.

Hyungwon pauses and then nods, "Yes exactly."

The boys burst out laughing, ignoring some students entering the room.

It wasn't long before the class had started and the teacher had called attention to the class.

"Good morning, class. Make sure everyone has turned their homework assignment in on my desk. Today, I want to talk about a project we will be starting for our new chapter, but before I do, I want to introduce our new student."

A male, who had been standing by the door, had moved next to the teacher.

"Hello, my name is Hoseok. You can call me Wonho. I hope we can be friends." His voice was deep and laced with a lisp.

Hyungwon, who had his head down on the desk, looked up at the source of the new voice. His blonde hair stood out the most. It seemed really familiar. Where did he see him? It was a sense of deja vu.

Hyungwon went back to laying his head down to try to sneak a nap in.

To his misfortune, it didn't last very long. His teacher told the new kid to have a seat by Hyungwon so he had to wake up from his mini nap to let Wonho know to sit by him.

He didn't get much of a chance to speak, before his sociable best friend beat him to it. "Hi, nice to meet you, Wonho! I'm Minhyuk and this is cranky, but he also goes by Hyungwon."

Wonho laughs quietly and makes eye contact with Hyungwon, "Nice to meet you, cranky. Nice to meet you as well, Minhyuk. I hope we can be friends."

Hyungwon seemed to feel a light flutter in his stomach and a smile creeps onto his face. Maybe the rest of this year won't be so bad.

"Okay, class. Now I want to discuss this project." Hyungwon sighs after hearing the teacher's announcement. Projects were annoying to him.

After listing all the groups, the teacher had Hyungwon and Minhyuk be in a group with Wonho since she trusted them to make him feel welcomed and she just liked the boys more than the rest of the class.

As soon as they were free to get in their groups, Hyungwon turns to the others, tiredness evident in his movements. "So, what is this project on? I was sleeping so I didn't hear."

Minhyuk just responds by rolling his eyes at the younger.