Chapter 26

Hyungwon was satisfied with the outcome of what he did with his powers. He only erased all data of him being a student at the school and placed the thought of the two older boys having excused absences for awhile. He didn't know how long this mission would take, but he wasn't expecting to come back to this hell hole.

Walking out of the school, feeling happier than he's had in awhile, Hyungwon begins his journey home. He hadn't realized a couple of pairs of feet began to join his travels until someone grabbed his arm roughly and dragged him a different direction.

"Let. Me. Go."

Laughter responded to his pleas. It was Sehun dragging him along. They stop in their tracks.  Before Hyungwon could finally adjust himself, a foot kicked him in the stomach, forcibly causing him to fall.

"You think you're hot shit, don't you? You parade around school like the loser you are with those two losers by your side."

In response to the snide remark, Hyungwon spits at the face in front of him. It probably wasn't the best move, but Hyungwon was angry.

This caused a pissed off Sehun to get even angrier.

"That's it."

Sehun picks the boy up from the ground and hands him over to a couple of his friends to hold onto him. He immediately starts punching  Hyungwon rapidly in the stomach.

Strangled groans and cries escaped the boy as he took the beating.

Something inside of Hyungwon clicked and made him realize the situation. How dare they treat him like this when he's never done anything to them. Anger bubbled up inside of him and all at once, he screamed with everything he had.

One moment everyone is attacking the boy, the next, everyone that was within ten feet of him were being thrown back with an invisible force. Hyungwon was fuming, but then he heard everyone groaning from being thrown against walls and their heads hitting the gravel of the hard pavement.

What did he just do? He felt disgusted with himself that he had used his powers on humans. Of course they deserved it, but that was so wrong of him to do.

Standing up shakily, he turns around and sprints out of there. He doesn't get very far because a pair of arms wrap around him. Hyungwon knows these arms. So, he lets it all out and bursts out crying. Wonho whispers soft nothings and walks them away from the scene, taking them to Hyungwon's home.

————

"What took you guys— Hyungwon?! What happened?"

Minhyuk had opened the door to the sight of Hyungwon limping with his arm over Wonho's shoulder.

Leading the younger inside, Wonho takes him to the kitchen so they could apply some first aid to Hyungwon.

"He looks so awful. What happened?" Minhyuk repeats his question.

"I found him getting beat up. He ended up using his powers on accident."

Hyungwon groans as Wonho applies an antiseptic to a couple of his wounds. "Everything hurts. Can I just go take a nap, please?"

"Hey, wait." Minhyuk stops him and Wonho looks up at after finishing with Hyungwon. "Doesn't Hyungwon have healing powers? Shouldn't he be doing something?"

The two look over at the younger, who's eyes were closed and he was leaning his head back against the chair.

Wonho chuckles at the sight, "Yeah, I don't think he's strong enough to right now. Come on, Wonnie. Let's get you upstairs and you can nap, okay?" The seated boy nods and slowly makes his way upstairs.

They lay him gently on his bed after entering the boy's room. Deciding not to bother him, they let him sleep and go back downstairs.

"When is Changkyun coming over? I thought he was going to meet us?"

Wonho shrugs, "I thought so, too, but we can't do anything until he's here. Maybe he can help Hyungwon get better quick."

"He's in no condition to save the world."

Wonho chuckles. That was definitely true. He also felt like he was in no condition to help save the world. That, in itself, was was a huge task to manage. He hoped Hyungwon and Changkyun both knew what they were doing because he sure as hell didn't.

"Wonho, we'll be fine. Your worry lines will make wrinkles in the future. Hyungwon is a lot more powerful than we think he can get through this, especially with us there to help." Minhyuk gave a reassuring smile to the older.

They decided on watching a movie until Changkyun arrived, to cure their boredom. They both hoped he got there soon.