Chapter 15

"I want to offer you an opportunity."

Hyungwon didn't want to bother with the voice, but he wanted information. So, he decided to play this guy's game. Maybe he can find a way to defeat him.

"What is it?"

"I'm glad you asked. I want to create a new universe. One where only perfect people are allowed to exist, those who aren't cowardly and weak. I want to purify the universe and dispose of those who make it otherwise. I will destroy anyone who gets in the way of my plan, as well, and I want you to help me rule."

Hyungwon couldn't believe what he was hearing. That is the most despicable thing anyone could say.

"Why do you want me? Of all people."

The voice chuckles.

"You don't know? You are the savior, the one who will bring the universe together, as one. I want to help, but I think that plan needs to be changed a lot and I think we can be indestructible together."

Hyungwon thought about this. He didn't really know what he was supposed to be a savior of and why he was picked. He had nothing special about him. He was a small human in this big universe. There had to be a mistake. They had to have the wrong person.

The words that spoke in his head a little earlier, rung in his thoughts again. The plan this guy had was evil. To wipe out species after species just because they didn't meet his needs and expectations?

Everything around him became blurry and started to transform again. He found himself in another city. This one seemed grand and towered over Hyungwon. The buildings that surrounded the boy looked to be made of marble.

"Everything can be perfect, like this. We can change it all, so just accept this fate and join me."

"No," Hyungwon barely whispers out.

"No?! I don't think you understand. You don't have much of a choice. I am more powerful than you."

"I said no!" His voice becoming more confident.

The voice chuckles.

Suddenly, he's snapped to a different scene. Everything is on fire and Hyungwon finds he's in a burning building. It feels too real for him, as if he's actually suffocating and being scalded by the licks of the surrounding flames.

All he thinks he can do is scream, so he does, hoping someone might hear him. His body feels paralyzed and frozen, no matter how hard he tries.

"I told you, you don't have much of a choice. You will regret saying 'no' to me."

The intense heat grows and the fire becomes like an untamed beast. He needs to find a way out. A small feeling in the back of his mind tells him that maybe he knows how to get out of this. It's almost an urge.

Hyungwon stops struggling for a moment to think.

It's almost as if his brain was starting to click, like gears of a clock that hasn't worked in ages. It goes slow and uneven, but moves nonetheless.

Then nothing.

His brain gives up on trying to recognize the urge of the thought.

Hyungwon screams again, this time from frustration, as well. The entire building starts to collapse on itself and the ceiling slowly crumbles above him. How can he escape?

Panic is starting to override his entire being and Hyungwon slowly starts giving up.

"So, regret telling me 'no' yet? I will gladly stop this fire and destruction if you will just comply."

The panic soon turns to anger and hatred. He starts feeling a familiar spark in his mind.

"No." Hyungwon growls out.

All at once, he focuses his strong hatred and frustration on the voice that has been taunting him. He feels his mind start to open like a dusty chest that has been shut for centuries. A whirl of power circles in his mind and starts to make Hyungwon feel light headed. It was confusing to Hyungwon, but he let it take over his mind, giving him a sense of protection.

A bright light bursts and expands all around him and the intense fire he felt before, soon no longer existed and nothing was destroyed or in ruins anymore.

How did he do that?! That was so awesome! Wait until Minhyuk finds out about this!

He then remembers the voice he was dealing with.

"Are you still there?! Did you see me stop your fire? Because that is exactly what I plan to do to you."

Silence only responds.

"Hello? Basileus?!"

Confused and still slightly angry, Hyungwon tries yelling out some more, but is only met with silence again.

Ha look who's the weak one now. Basileus ran away like the loser he is. Okay, Hyungwon, don't get too cocky now.

He looks around at the room he is in. It feels familiar. The whole scene gives him a sense of nostalgia. Where has he seen this place before? He was in a home. He felt the serenity and peace of it.

"Hyungwon, where are you? I'm home, my little turtle!"