Chapter 11

A week had gone by since the day of the funeral. Hyungwon was still feeling at his lowest. It still took some time to get used to the absence of his mother in the house, but Hyungwon and his dad coped together.

Hyungwon had taken a week off from school as well. He couldn't focus on school work when all he thought about was how he hated the way his life was going at the moment. After awhile, his dad had to drag him out of the house so he wouldn't get kicked out of school.

So, Hyungwon was walking down his driveway to start on his way to school.

"Hyungwon! Wait up," Wonho shouted from behind him, causing him stop and wait.

"I see you've decided to come to school today."

Hyungwon nods and looks at the older with a smile.

"My dad had to drag me out, but I know I can't stay held up in my room forever, as much as I want to. I mean the world wouldn't miss me if I just stayed in bed all day."

"Don't say stuff like that. I would miss you a lot. I'm really happy to get to see you at school."

Hyungwon blushes, but continues the journey in silence.

Once they reach the school grounds, a head of silver-y, white hair pops up next to the two.

"Minhyuk? Your hair!"

"Oh yeah! I dyed it two days ago. What do you think? I've been wanting to change it up for awhile now."

Hyungwon admires it for a moment, "Wow. This looks.... so cool!! You look like Jack Frost!!"

Minhyuk giggles, "I know! Isn't it awesome?"

"So, should I dye my hair blonde or something? Since you guys are both blonde," Hyungwon asks, while looking at the two boys beside him.

"Okay, that would be sick! We could be a gang of blonde hair. Wonnie, please do it!"

The younger bursts out laughing, "As cool as that would be, I don't think I would look very good with blonde. I wouldn't say no to something like pink, though. I've always wanted to see how that would look."

"That would look adorable on you," Wonho chuckles.

The three decide to walk into the school building while still continuing their conversation of hair colors and who would look good in what.

Of course, before they can even get very far in the building, someone runs over to Hyungwon and pushes him on the ground.

"Wow, look who finally showed up. I was wondering when I would get to see you again."

"Go away, Chanyeol," Wonho growls out, while picking Hyungwon up off the ground.

"Oh, does our little Hyungwonnie have a boyfriend to protect him? Aw how cute...it sickens me. You don't deserve to have someone be nice to you, a piece of trash."

Wonho couldn't stand to watch Hyungwon just get bullied like this so he pushes Chanyeol back with a lot of force.

"Fuck off. You are the piece of trash here. Hyungwon didn't do anything for you to treat him like this."

Chanyeol laughs and sneers, "Oh, but just his presence irritates me."

Wonho pushes Chanyeol again, this time to fall on the ground. The fallen boy only laughs.

"Wonho, lets just go. Leave him be, it's not worth it," Hyungwon quietly tells the older and tugs on his sweatshirt sleeve.

Wonho scoffs at the boy on the ground and turns to leave with his two younger friends. Hyungwon was right, they weren't worth it, but he hated that they messed with what was his. Yes, Hyungwon was his. He couldn't let him get hurt because he didn't deserve it.

"Can I teach you self defense or something? I'm tired of them pushing you around all the time."

"It wouldn't be of use. They'll always be stronger. I'm too weak."

"That's why I want to help you. I hate seeing you get hurt. It hurts me."

Hyungwon just simply keeps quiet, going over to his locker to collect his books for the day.

It wasn't long before the school day finally finished. Hyungwon was relieved that it went by quickly.

When Hyungwon was on his way to his locker, he felt himself being tripped and fell on his face. He was surprised by the sudden action, but got up and quickly brushed himself off.

"Did I tell you you could get up? I think not," he was pushed down once more and he noticed it wasn't Chanyeol this time, but one of his friends, Sehun.

"Go away. I just want to go home."

Sehun snickers, "You wish it would be that easy. I'm not like Chanyeol, I'm not going to let you go that easy."

He kicks the boy on the ground a couple of times before forcibly picking him up. He pushed Hyungwon against the lockers aggressively.

"You are a waste of space. You're trash. You-"

A voice cut him off from behind.

"I would take your filthy hands off of him right now, if I were you."

The two look at the mysterious voice.

Hyungwon's stomach felt uneasy as he noticed the familiar face that was glaring daggers at Sehun.

"Changkyun?"
"Who are you?"

The two speak at the same time. Sehun listened to him and let go of Hyungwon, who almost lost his balance.

Changkyun was still staring at him with malevolence.

"Scram!"

Sehun jumped slightly, from fear, and ran off.

Changkyun sighed, "Why were you alone? You shouldn't be alone. You need to be protected when you're in this state of mind."

Hyungwon just stared at him, partially scared and partially really confused.