Twentynine

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity

After I cried for like what seems like an eternity, I found myself starting to feel like my normal self.

I found myself hanging back at the mall with Amanda, Theresa, and even Monique and I had a heart to heart again.

Monique couldn't make it out this weekend since she got a new job at Dale's Donuts in Compton, but she told me she will get up with me the next weekend.

I felt like I was starting to come back around and I think my parents noticed it as well.

Mommy and daddy have been rewarding me left and right for my outstanding grades and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

Daddy would make all my pain disappear behind Kross quicker than I knew it.

"CALI!" Daddy voiced boomed from downstairs.

I finished brushing my hair before I left my bedroom and jetted down the steps.

I was trying to get myself together to head out wit Amanda and Theresa to the Shops at Montebello.

Daddy was sitting on the couch in a pair of black and blue basketball shorts, a white tank, watching ESPN.

"Yes?" I asked as I eyed him.

"What you up too?" he inquired me, looking up at me before glancing back at the TV.

I narrowed my eyes. "Dad, I was upstairs getting ready to go out with my girls"

"Oh" he said as he muted the TV.

"Uhhh," I said before taking a seat next to daddy. "Is there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

"Yes. In fact, its something I wanted to show you" he told me.

"Ohh....Kay, what is it?"

Daddy looked at me before getting up from his chair and head-nodding for me to follow him.

I followed behind daddy as we walked to the front of the house and he stood at the door.

He turned around and faced me.

"Me and ya mother had a long talk about how you've made a complete change in your attitude and progress in school. We know you about to go to ya senior year'n shit and we decided to get you a gift"

"A gift. What kind of gift?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well, ya momma ain't here she down at the shop so she told me to just give it to you"

Daddy opened the house door, leading me outside to the front lawn and my mouth dropped; In front of me was an all-black Benz and a red bow sitting on top of it.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed as I cupped my hand over my mouth. " OH My...GOD!"

I was completely stunned.