TwentyThree

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity.

I was a good two weeks into my punishment and I was having severe withdrawals from not seeing Kross.  I had to come straight home, couldn't use my cell phone, iPad, computer or anything. 

Yes I know, Miss Cali Serenity straight played herself by skipping out on school and being irresponsible on not taking care of business by wanting to stick by bae all day.

My momma acting as if she never was cutting school or calling out of work to go see daddy and riding all around Compton with him when she knew she was supposed to be in class.

She'd be lying if she says she didn't.

How else did Bryson get here? TUH!

Anyway, my parents had me on straight lockdown.  It got to the point that I would beg Kayden to let me see his phone to Facetime Kross. 

I missed my baby bad.

My dad walked into the kitchen, humming the beat of Boyz-n-the Hood as he made his way to the fridge.  My eyes slowly looked up as he pulled out an 8-ball and popped the top off, cracking it open and taking a swig.

"Daddy"

He looked at me as he sat the glass bottle down on the table and began to lick his lips.

"Yo"

"Can I please be off punishment, I learned my lesson"

Daddy narrowed his eyes with a chuckle before sitting down on the barstool, leaning on the granite island countertop as he looked at me. 

"Why should I let you off punishment?" he questioned.

"Becauseeeeeuhhhh....I'm miserable and I've suffered enough!"  I whined, rolling my eyes further up into my head.

Daddy sucked his teeth, shaking his head.

"You ain't give a damn bout me and ya momma paying all that money and you go and skip school so why should I care that you're miserable?"

My dad began sipping from his drink again as I looked down at my nails that were free from having false tips on it. 

When momma canceled my nail appointment, two of them chipped on my left hand while 3 cracked and broke on my right.

"Daddy!" I moaned as I got out of my chair and ran to him.  I wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up at him, blinking my eyes rapidly.

" I won't ever do it again. I promise"

"Cali..." he sighed, looking down at my pitiful ass. "I'll talk to ya momma bout easing off ya ass, but if you make me look stupid, don't ask me for not a damn thing else.  It's about time you get yo own job anyway. Bryson works"

"Yeah, at best buy. They don't make no real money"  I spat with disgust. "You stand around all day helping rude customers for what? $9 dollars an hour?"