TwentySix

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity

I quickly opened the house door, closing it behind me as I watched the headlights from the car turn off, revealing a tall silhouette approaching me as I stood on the porch in my PINK grey joggers and a USC t-shirt.

Kayden stood in front of me, before sitting down on the porch chair and resting his head into his hands with his elbows on his knees.

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned, staring down at him with crumbled eyebrows and my arms folded.

"Cuh, I found out some shit that blew my mind. I don't know how I can deal wit it"

I snapped my neck back. I could see that whatever it is that he can't deal with was serious by the look on his face.

"Well... what is it?"

"Aight so check it, I went out with this girl I been feelin. Right?"

"Right"

"So we at dinner and shit, she tellin a nigga all this shit she been through and what she going through whoopty whoop and all that. She told me she lost her best friend cause someone popped him and she shows me this picture....-"

"What kind of picture KJ?" My heart pounded because I was anxious to see what he was about to say next.

"She showed me a picture of the dude that assaulted you down on Crenshaw cuh" My heart dropped and I felt like I couldn't breathe for a moment.

"T-the dude you..."

"Yeah the dude I popped Cali!" he shouted as he stood up, kicking the chair back.

I jumped before lunging towards to Kayden.

"Are you crazy?" I barked with widened eyes as I pulled his arm. " You tryna have my momma or daddy come out here and ask if yo mind is bad cause you making all this noise?"

"Cuh, what the fuck am I suppose to do?" Kayden whispered through clenched teeth and base in his voice. " If she fuckin friends wit that nigga then-"

"Its possible she may be blood or affiliated Kayden" I interrupted, I took a step back.

"Exactly. For all I know that bitch can get me lined"

"Kayden, I don't think that's the case. I just think you need to be careful though"

Kayden stared at me before shaking his head and walking into the house. I trailed behind him, shutting the door for him to find my parents hugged up on the couch, watching TV.

Momma was tying her Dolce and Gabanna scarf on her head while daddy laid his head on her chest as he flicked through the TV channels.

"Hey boo boots " mommy said as she looked at Kayden with a warm smile.