Eleven

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity.

It was in service day at Archer School for teachers, which meant one thing for us: Students get out at noon and I was beyond hype.

I couldn't get last night's kiss from Kross out of my head. Standing over the hills looking out to the City of LA Skyline, his intoxicating cologne that filled my lungs, placing me on cloud nine, his soft, plump lips covering mine was plenty to make me faint just thinking about it.

My parents knew I had school, but I intentionally didn't tell them that I had a half-day because they would've made it their duty to make me come home and do some chores and some other shit that I was not tryna do.

My mind was fixated on getting down to Slauson to see Kross, that's if he returned my good morning text.

I sneaked to look at my phone during my American Literature class. Twisting my lips up, I didn't receive any message from Kross yet and I was growing impatient.

You would think that last night would be enough to have him texting me early in the morning.

Maybe he not an early kind of guy...

What if he got some other bitch he entertaining?

I'd fuck him up...

Amanda took notes before looking over at my face that was filled with angst as I slipped my phone back into my Pumpkin Spice colored Tory Burch Tote bag.

"What's wrong?" Amanda quizzed quietly, enough for me to hear.

"Nothing...its...nothing" I lied.

She peeped at the front of the classroom to make sure that Mr.Skilar wasn't watching at us since we were always separated for talking in class.

"Cali....dont lie to me, what's the problem?"

I sighed before picking up my pink pen, scribbling down the notes from the board into my notebook.

"Kross aint text me"

Amanda looked at her Apple watch before giggling.

"Cali, it's 10:30 give him a chance. He may still be sleeping, you know?"

I gazed down at my nails as I tried to listen to Amanda's words. She's possibly right, he sleep and I'm just tripping.

"I guess"

We both went back to listening to the lesson before I felt my purse vibrate. My heart bounced a beat as I dug down in my bag to see who the notification was from.