"He gon make it" Jay stated, nodding his head.

"Fuck!" Kayden yelled as he plopped down on the couch." I knew something was up when that nigga ain't show up to basketball practice.  What the fuck happen? Who the fuck shot that nigga?"

Kross knew the niggas that shot him was one of those Hoover Park niggas.  Word on the street is that one of the homies from RSC killed Jayshawn and now its really starting to circulate around South Central.

It was a matter of time before shit hit the fan, now its getting thick where they have to stay strapped at all times.

"KJ," Kross spoke. "You know shit bout to get real thick round here so you gotta stay strapped"

"Who the fuck shot my nigga?" Kayden yelled louder. "Was it them hoover park niggas?"

The room fell silent.

Kayden rubbed his hand on his head as he stood up, looking around the room. 

"FUCK!" he punched the wall before Kross grabbed him and made him face him.

"Chill out cuh"

"Nah fuck all that. They shot that nigga for what? where the fuck was he to even get shot the fuck up?"

"They caught him coming out of some store near the hood. I think he was over there visiting his grandmother. He know dat he gotta stay strapped walking over there" Fats said.

"He got hit like three times," one of the homies named Slaze said as he puffed his blunt. "He might need a tube and shit before he can really eat"

Slaze was a dark-skinned dude, stood about 6 foot 3 and had spinning waves in his hair. He was also known as "Da General" in RSC.

"That nigga got caught laccin. He ain't have no heat on him" Kross said. "

But we ain't bout to let that nigga walk free. We bout to turn this shit up cuh" Slaze said with a snarl and nodding his head.

Kayden closed his eyes, letting the news marinate.  Sure, he was thankful that Trey is okay. 

But to know that he may not be able to get the basketball scholarship he wanted to go to college made him feel even worse.

His family came from poverty, something that Kayden knows nothing about, but they make do with what they have.

He can only imagine how his mom may feel, being that she lost her oldest son, Traquan who was also an RSC member last year to gang violence and almost lost Trey the same way.

Traquan died in the arms of Trey right on Crenshaw in front of Ralphs's grocery store, shielding his mother and brother from the gunshots.

A rivalry gang shot Traquan 10 times and 3 bullets pierced his lung and one-shot him in his neck.

He was 19 years old.

Kayden felt like he had to get back at them niggas for what they did to his boy, but he had to be smart about it. 

He didn't want to end up like Trey and lose his chances of getting a scholarship with hopes of going to the NBA.

Or worse...dead.

_________