Chapter 64 - Get out

Clem's Pov
The ground is littered with bodies, walkers and normal people. Bullets are flying everywhere and blood has painted the white snow red. You do your best to move through the base with no one noticing you so the boys don't have to be put in danger but anyone that comes near you is shot down without a second thought. The strategy seemed to work for sometime but after being trapped by multiple gun men and losing some hope, it was rekindled when the men dropped to the floor by the hands of a person you thought was gone forever, Kenny. The two of you stared at each other in disbelief for a few seconds before a word could be said.

Kenny: Clementine?

Karen: You know him Clem?

He walks over to you and the two of you share a warm embrace.

You: I've missed you so much.

Kenny: Me too Clem, me too.

He let go of each other.

You: I guess it's been a long time since you've seen them.

You tell him as you gesture at the kids. He walks over to them and goes down on one knee.

Kenny: It must've been hard for you, all of you. But don't worry we'll get through this.

He gets to his feet.

Kenny: The're two more people we have to meet up with but they might not have much time.

Clem: Who?

Kenny: Y/N and Derick.

Ashley: They must've went after Hunter.

Karen: Wanting revenge.

Kenny: After what he did to them, I would want payback too.

Ashley: We have to get out of here.

You wrap up the small reunion and make your way through the walkers, raiders and many other challenges. It wasn't easy but after a long hard struggle the gates were finally in sight along.

Sam: Guys there are bodies on the outside.

Karen: What's new?

Kenny: Three people, only one standing.

You take a closer look and realize that Derick is the one on his feet.

You: Derick's up, the other 2 must be Hunter and...

You're afraid to finish the sentence as fear creeps into your heart but you try to convince yourself that Y/N must've just walked off cause he couldn't stand being next to Derick. After seeing Derick walk over to one of the bodies, look over to you and begin to talk to the person on the ground, that dumb idea you had faded away. You continue running with tears streaming down your face and as you get closer it becomes for apparent that Y/N is one of the people laying on the ground. After what feels like an eternity passes you finally make it to them. Your fear of the worst keeps you silent and the most you can do is hold back tears and watch with your heart tearing to shreds as Karen hugs a hopefully unconscious Y/N tightly.

Karen: We have to get him someplace safe!

Kenny: The trucks...they're totalled.

You feel someone tug on your leg and look down to see an upset Liam.

Liam: Y/N...

He says in a sad little voice which breaks your heart even more. You pick him up and hug him tightly. He cries onto your shoulder and you do your best not to cry. After a few moments you place him back down.

Karen: We can't just stand here and watch him die!

Everyone goes silent and the only sound you can here is the groans of a large herd of walkers approaching.