Chapter 41 - Rematch

You've been walking for several hours, trying to make you way back to the house but Omid's ability to lighten the mood made you forget you were heavily injured and after some time, you finally arrived.

You: This is the place.

Omid: Lets take a look inside.

You entered the house and started looking around for but nothing turned up.

Omid: No one's here.

You: It looks like their weapons are gone too.

Omid: My guess is they left thinking Carver would come back here for you.

You: That makes sense.

You walk out of the house and stare at the sky, thinking about Clem and where she could be, is she safe, is she happy. Fear of what could happen to her flood your mind and confusion creeps into you.

You (thoughts): If...if only I was able to beat Carver. Maybe I could have made a...

A hand on your shoulder brings you back to reality.

Omid: Your worried about Clem aren't ya?

You: How can you tell?

Omid: I've known you for some time Y/N, I think I understand you a bit.

You: I just wish I got beat Carver.

Omid: Don't put pressure on yourself Y/N.

He goes down to your level.

Omid: For all we know what you did was the best move. Life's just to uncertain to have regrets. If we want to make sure Carver doesn't hurt anyone else we have to go and get him now.

You: I understand...Liam and Christa are gonna be safe too.

Omid: Damn right they are. Now lead the way.

The journey to Carver began. For hours on end you walked, practiced using your new weapons and fighting off walkers all the while trying not to drag Omid down with your injuries but he knew you well. He would carry you on his back whenever you got tired or fell asleep. With each passing day the road to Carver wasn't easy, the number of walkers kept growing and it didn't feel like we were getting any closer but that didn't stop you.

It was night time and you were still walking when in the distance something caught your eye.

Omid: We made it.

You: Finally.

Omid: Now we don't know what to expect so stealth is the best option and this is the best time.

You: Yeah.

You approach the hardware store and are a som metres away when you notice the number of guards surrounding the place and walkers nearby.

Omid: This is it Y/N. Are you going to be up for it?

You: Of course I am.

Omid: How about physically.

You: My leg was one of the major problems and it isn't exactly at its best but I can fight.

Omid: Your eye.

You: I'm not really sure about that, i guess i'll just keep on doing what I've been for the past few days.

Omid: That's good but in case things get messy I'll be right there with you. Now let's go get that bastard.

CLEM'S POV

Everyone is huddled by the way getting ready for me to go.

Rebecca: Be sure to remember to flip the switch for the outdoor speakers. Just the indoor speakers might not draw the herd. It's right on the microphone box.