Chapter 62 - Countdown to Armageddon

With Kenny and Damien leading you along with Derick and the rest of Kenny's group run towards these other people Kenny has talked about earlier. Despite your injuries you and Derick kept up with everyones pace, at times being up front with K enny and Damien hoping to arrive as early as possible while avoiding and killing walkers along the way. With the sun beginning to set and the circumstances seeming to not be in your favour, your desire to get back to the others pushed you further and when the night arrived, you made it to a large community in the woods. The people see you all run towards them and immediately get their guns out but put them away once you arrive in front of them.

Man: Kenny, Damien what's going on?!

He spots you and Derick.

Man: Who are these kids?

Everyone gathers around you, probably around 100 or more. Kenny stands on a log,  looking down on everyone.

Kenny: Listen up people, I know for a fact that we're getting tired of a certain somebody's sorry ass and his men.

The people shout in agreement.

Kenny: Well that shit ends TODAY!! With the help of these boys, boys who know the insides of Hunter's base and killed that motherfucker Jonathan!!!

The announcement that Jonathan's death seems to appease them all as they become over joyed.

Damien: More of their blood will be spilled today, we're going to destroy that base TONIGHT!!!

They cheer while raising their guns in the air.

Kenny: Then everyone, check your ammo, have your knives on you and meet back up here in an hour.

They scatter and go get ready. Derick walks off on his own.

You: You know where you're going?

Derick: Anywhere from you will be just fine.

He walks away and you wait for Kenny.

Kenny: I think we should get you a gun.

You: Yeah, I don't what to have to use this sword. I'm not that good with it.

Kenny looks around for someone.

Kenny: Where's the other kid, Derick?

You: Went off on his own.

Kenny: You two aren't the best of friends are you?

You: That's...an understatement.

The two of you walk towards a shack. Upon opening the door, you see an assortment of guns hanging on the walls, Snipers, Assault rifles, Shotguns. No wonder they massacred Hunter's men.

Kenny: Grab what you want.

You: Really?

Kenny nods and you pick your weapon.

Kenny: Let's go get you some clothes, can't have you going around with only pants on.

You: I'd like that.

After looking around for a few seconds, Kenny pulls out a red jacket, black shirt and black pants. He hands them to you and you put them on. The two of you then walk out of the shack and a person walks up to Kenny, after a short conversation Kenny turns to you.

Kenny: It's going to be a little while before we leave, it's probably for the best if you get to know the people you'll be working with.

He leaves with the person following closely.

You: I guess he has a point but honestly I don't feel like it.

You place the gun on your back and walk around with the sword in your hands. You see Derick leaning against a tree with his barbwire bat in his hands, he's in a denim jacket, a white shirt and black pants.