Chapter 48 - Long time waiting

A group of people looking to help others and protect people from raiders and other sorry bastards like Carver. That's what mom's group stands for, according to her anyway. It sounded to good to be true but your mom trusted them and so did you. It wasn't easy but after a long 2 years you found your place in the group.

???: Get up idiot!

Well almost.

You: This was going to be a really good day, but you just had to ruin it didn't you.

You get up off your bed and see a shotgun aimed at you.

You: Get that thing away from me Derick.

You demand in an annoyed tone.

Derick: Or what?

He asks putting the gun closer to your face. There is a moment of silence before you grab the gun quickly and knee him in the gut. He stumbles over for a second before punching you in the face.

He hit hard.

You move back a short distance and throw the shotgun on the floor. You stand across from each other ready to fight when someone stands in between the two of you.

Ashley: Stop it! The both of you!

You want to say something but keep quiet.

Derick: Next time there won't be anyone to stop me from kicking your ass Y/N.

You: We'll see about that.

He walks out of your room and leaves you and Ashley.

Ashley: Again, it's like all you two do is fight. For 2 years you've done this. 2 years Y/N!!

You: He came here and pointed a shotgun at me, what was I supposed to do.

Ashley: He did what?!

She spots the shotgun on the floor. She picks it up

You: I don't know how the two of you are twins.

Ashley: What does that mean?

You: You're nice and fun to be around, he's a complete jackass.

She laughs.

Ashley: That's not nice.

You: Yeah. The only thing you have in common is how good the two of you are at fighting, and the fact that you're both 13.

Ashley: Like you said we are twins.

You: Yeah...still don't know how.

Ashley: I guess you're not wrong. I'll go talk to him and try to get you two to settle down, at least for the mission in a few minutes.

You: Mission?

Ashley: Well it's not really that much of a mission, all we have to do is patrol the area around the base and catch any food we come across.

You: That doesn't seem too difficult, why do you need me?

Ashley: Well I was already going to go with you but Karen suggest Derick should come and maybe...

You: We can be friends...not happening.

Ashley: C'mon Y/N.

You: No.

Ashley: Please.

You: No.

Ashley: What will it take?

You take a moment to think but there's nothing to think about. Nothing in this world will make you want to go anywhere near Derick's dumbass.

You: Sorry, ain't got nothing.