Chapter 21

And then we kiss. A soft peck on the lips to seal the deal. I've kissed guys before. Not many, but enough to know that this kiss was real. And no offence to all those other guys, this one was a lot better.

-- -------- --

Eva Trend P.O.V

The next few days were a blur of activities and really unnecessary drama. Like that time when Noen set Danielle's new suitcase her mother sent her to replace the one that got run over on fire. Or that day when we went outdoors rock climbing and Sebastian reached the top but was too scared to come down so the guide had to get the fire brigade to rescue him. The food continued to be terrible but at least my face was mostly healed apart from a small red patch. I try to stay away from Jacob as much as I can.

Everyone grew closer too. Danielle has even started tolerating me and Noen and Lil Huddy have started having proper conversations with the rest of us (Not Lauren and Sebastian though, Lil Huddy is still mad about his Louboutins). After a series of trust activities and failed trust falls later, we're all practically friends. Well, acquaintances.

Payton and I have also grown closer. After that night, we talked and agreed to keep our relationship lowkey. Recently though, people have started to notice and eyebrows have been raised. Paige has been teasing me relentlessly but I refuse to crack. Payton and I have an agreement. I'll tell her only when we both agree to tell when we're ready.

What's awkward though is that Payton keeps on having secret conversations with Danielle. Sometimes I catch them whispering in the corner, and when I walk up to them, they immediately fall quiet and talk about the weather.

"Hey guys!" I would say, bounding up to them.

"Hey Eva." They would say shortly.

"So Danielle," Payton would say coolly, "Good sunshine today, right?"

"Yeah. Good." she would reply distractedly.

In fact, sometimes I catch him with Brooke, Zoe and Danielle. I try not to mind too much because I know they have all known each other for a relatively long time and I was a new-comer so I was only fair they had their own space. On those times, I hang around with Lauren and her friends or play soccer with Mychael and the boys. Mychael and I are on much better terms now. He talks more and more and voluntarily starts conversations with me.

I stretch out. I've been lying like this for a while now, enjoying the sun. It's almost been a week since we disembarked the bus. The guide gives us only 20 minutes on our phones and another 10 at night to call our parents. I miss home, and my mum misses me but I'm having more fun than I thought I would. Plus, mum has bugged me to get a boyfriend for months now and if this works out, my mum can get off my back and stop pestering me.

I yawn and turn onto my side. We have just finished exploring little caves next to the campsite and it's the afternoon so everyone is completely drained of energy. I'm sunbathing on a nice patch of grass with Paige. Lauren and a few people have started a lazy volleyball game, but everyone has their own versions of the game so she has given up trying to play a proper game.

I don't know how but Lil Huddy and Noen have their computers out and are shopping for gucci items. I have no idea how they snuck these past the guide but props to them. Brooke's head is resting on Noen's lap and she's making a daisy chain from a bunch of wildflowers next to them.

Did I mention Brooke and Noen are dating now? I know, crazy right. Believe it or not, dating Noen has made Brooke a lot nicer and really smiley. She offered to plait my hair and let me use her favourite scrunchies the other day. Every time someone teases Noen about Brooke, he grunts and frowns but you can see he's trying not to smile. He's scowling a lot less and has stopped trying to make Sebastian cry. Talk about character development. They kiss sometimes when they think no one's watching but lately Maverick has been carrying a camera around and has captured almost every moment of their relationship. Creepy, I know but he has about 20 photos already. I have no idea what he plans to do with them but Cash and I have agreed to delete them before Noen finds out and strangles Maverick.

Things have been pretty peaceful lately. As long as you don't count Danielle. You can already guess she is not too pleased about her 'Noey' dating another girl. Rejecting Danielle Cohn?! Unheard of! Anyway, she has completely cut Brooke away from her circle of friends and turned Zoe and Sarah against her. I don't really think she cares too much. I open my eyes a slit and look at her. She was laughing hard at something Lil Huddy had said. I close my eyes. Lauren and I have tried to include her as much as possible but I think she's happier just talking with Noen and Lil Huddy.

"Hey Eva!"

Oh, and there she is. I sit up and squint at her. She is wearing virtually nothing, unless a tiny bikini top and butt-grazing shorts count as clothes. I'm tired, hot and sweaty. Definitely not in the mood for her games. I flip the middle finger at her and lay back down. Somehow, her thick skull can't process this message.

"Yoohoo!" she shrills, waving her arms with emphasis, "Eva Trend!"

Sighing, I sit up and glare at her.

"What?" I hiss.

She abandons the game and sashays over to me.

"Everyone!" Danielle screeches, pulling Jacob next to her, "Come here! I have juicy gossip!"

The games stops abruptly and everyone turns to our direction. I stop myself from rolling my eyes. Typical Danielle. Can't have one conversation without a crowd watching. For some odd reason, the guide also comes and sits himself down. His expression looks like a five-year-old at the movies. Lauren and the girls make their way over. She beckons for the boys to follow. Lil Huddy reluctantly puts down his laptop, but not before ordering a new pair of Gucci sliders.

"What." I ask, folding my arms.

"I think," she says softly, everyone leans in to hear, "I should address what everyone is thinking."