Chapter 16

Thats probably a good thing." Sarah snickers.

-- -------- --

Eva Trend P.O.V

"WHY WON'T HE EVER WAKE UP AGAIN?" Lauren cries, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"First off, he was stuck in the water for 3 minutes. You keep on giving him oxygen which is useless if he doesn't have a heart to pump it with. And his heart's probably stopped beating for like 30 seconds." Payton explains.

Lauren starts crying so hard I think her eyes are going to slip out. There's a small packets of tissues in my pocket. I give it to her.

"We should contact his parents." the guide says sadly, reaching for his phone, "Rest easy kid."

"His parents are probably gonna be glad he's sent to the grave." Zoe shrugs matter-of-factly.

The guide gives Zoe a surprised look.

"He was emancipated at the age of 17." Zoe explains, "Only seen his folks three times since."

"How do you even know that?" Maverick asks suspiciously.

"I have my sources." she winks at him mysteriously.

"Can I have my champagne now?" Lil Huddy whines, content with his new gucci order.

"No, its underage drinking." The guide says sternly.

"You hypocrite." Lil huddy fumes, "Payton's younger than me. Why does he get champagne?"

"First of all, it's not regular champagne. Its champagne from the titanic, worth 9 million for one glass. And plus, me and Payton are bros now." The guide and Payton do a complicated handshake.

"Why would you spend this much one champagne when you can buy 5 gucci flip-flops, 6 limited edition Louboutin runners, 8 Jimmy Choo high heels, 3 Dior sunglasses..." Lil Huddy counters.

I tune out because his list goes on and on and on and on. Eventually, he gets cut off.

"... 2 Chanel francais perfumes, 13 Louis Vuitton handbags-"

"LIL HUDDY!" the guide yells.

"Well I'm just happy we don't have to deal with spray tan incidents anymore." Sarah chirps.

Lauren lets out a pitiful sob.

"WHY ARE YOU HAPPY? You sick kids..." The guide frowns and crosses his arms.

Suddenly, Sebastian wakes up and throws up water in Lauren's face, but Laurens never been happier.

"Hey guys. What's up?" Sebastian wheezes and lets out another round of orange water.

"Hurray!" Lauren cheers.

It is a very uncomfortable scene to watch so I turn around and sit next to Mychael, who was strangely quiet the whole time.

"So. Crazy day." I laugh uncomfortably. I accidentally bump into him and I apologize. Then shift myself further away from him.

"Yeah. First I sleep in a storm and Sebastian nearly dies." He laughs awkwardly.

I couldn't deal with this small talk anymore so I decide to face the storm.

"So um. Why'd you run off?" I ask, "you ran off after I told you I liked Payton. So. Um."

"Oh it was because. Um. It's not because I like you if that was what you were thinking. It was because Danielle had dared me to spend the night out after she did her big announcement." He makes up an awful lie.

I can tell he's lying from the amount of times he's blinking. I decide to pretend that I believe him so I nod my head. I offer him a small smile and he smiles back

"Don't worry." I tease, "It's not like I thought you liked me. I don't like you either so we're even."

His face falls and he stops smiling. I have no idea why but the temperature seems to drop ten degrees all of a sudden.