♟ Chapter 28 ♟

Start from the beginning

"I-I--" he coughed out blood from his mouth.

"Now? Who is the mutt? You or me?" Leonardo asked the man with anger coating his golden eyes.

"Let go of him, King Leonardo!" A shrieking voice screamed from the front of the crowd.

A woman stood with a baby cocooned in her arms with a white cloth. She looked young and had quite a resemblance to me with the buttoned nose, the ocean blue eyes and the dirty blond hair.

I tilted my head in confusion.

How did we share similar features?

"Why should I let him go?" Leonardo asked the woman. However, he left the man.

"My king, my husband is on an irrational agenda of taking you down," she paused to glimpse at the man who now I knew was her husband. He had a look of betrayal on his face. "Pardon me. We all know that there is going to be unfair and unnecessary bloodshed around. It's going to be useless having a war between humans and in humans." She turned around to stare at the people behind her. "Don't you all think it's better if we give up rather than having bloodbath?" The crowd stood still. They were confused. I could tell it by their facial expressions.

"But, we didn't work this hard to give up, Acraylia." An old man shouted from amongst the other people.

I looked at Leonardo who was glancing at each and every person. His eyes were searching for something. He inhaled a deep breath of air in.

"I know-" Acraylia got cut off by the king himself.

"Mate!" He growled loudly causing all the humans to shut their ears.

He went near Acraylia and sniffed the air around her with an intense glint of focus in his eyes. His moves halted when he breathed in the scent of the baby that she was holding.

"Mate," he whispered causing Acraylia and her husband's eyes widening in shock.

"This can't be. No. My newborn girl can't be your mate. That's impossible. A human can't be mated to a monster like you." The man screamed with a strained voice.

"Cyrus, calm down." Acraylia tried to assure him but all was in vain.

"No! I won't allow this to happen." He shook his head.

"Well, if it isn't for my mate in your arms?" His eyes turned a dark black. There was no white left in them. His voice sounded three octaves down. It was almost animalistic.

I knew it was his demon.

All of them looked at him; confused by his behaviour.

"You just admitted that...why are you repeating it--" Cyrus got cut off.

Leonardo chuckled darkly.

"Well, let me introduce my self. I'm Vlaxin, the king of all demons."

Tears pooled in the eyes of Acraylia and Cyrus. My heart instantly felt a tug towards them. I felt painful to watch them cry.

"Our daughter's fate can't be this cruel." Acraylia sobbed, "It can't."

"Oh well, it can, you scums." Vlaxin spat out the word 'scums' harshly causing everyone to flinch, "Your daughter will be treated like any other humans. I'll make sure to erase the memories about this scum of my mate from mine as well as the other two souls mind. You may all go and never ever create a scene like this again. Be happy that you all are alive." He glared at the infant girl, "Goodbye, I hope we would never meet each other."