1

Just for the purpose of the story, Pegasus sent Rosallind to Domino City with a different last name. Also, I apologise in advance that Rosallind's deck may be overpowered.

No Pov:

"Today we have a new student class!" The teacher at the front of the class starts off while holding out her hand to gesture at a female with long black hair, and emerald eyes at the front of the class, before facing the girl. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" The teacher asks.
"I ummm I-i" The girl quietly stutters but just ends up with her face flushed red with embarrassment. The teacher just smiles and faces the rest of the class to introduce her, "This is Rosallind Rainder, please be nice to her as she is a bit shy. You can take a seat at the desk at the front." Rosallind gently nods and walks to the empty desk and sits down. On the way to the desk, she accidentally makes eye contact with a well-known rich boy with brown hair, making her look in a different direction completely.

Rosallind's Pov:

The lesson was finally over and groups of friends started to talk to each other as they left the classroom and I just stayed sitting. Next to me was the one and only Seto Kaiba and I really hoped he wouldn't recognise me, though I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He was all alone, eating his lunch... so it's best to not try and bother him. I reach into my bag to grab my lunch box and place it on my desk. Before I opened my food to eat, a girl with short brunette hair walked over to me and began to speak, "Hi, my name is Téa Gardner." As she speaks to me, three boys come over to us and introduce themselves. There was a blonde haired guy called Joey Wheeler, one with brown hair called Tristan Taylor and a short boy with black, red and yellow hair called Yugi Muto. I gently nod with a small smile.
"Do you want to hang out with us after school?" Joey excitedly asks, making my eyes widen. I go to respond but no words come out. My face turns bright red and I quickly put my hand over my mouth with embarrassment while frantically nodding. They all laughed and continued to speak as I ate my lunch, though I was sure I got a glance of Seto looking at me.

*Several weeks later*

It's been a couple of weeks since I started hanging out with Téa and the others. Luckily, Seto hasn't tried to speak to me so I just gathered that either he didn't recognise me or he just didn't care or want to speak to me.

Yugi and Joey were having a game of duel monsters, and Joey was taking a while to take his turn.
"Hey Joey, earth to Joey. Hey, are you in there? It's your turn." Yugi says to Joey, who was still looking at his cards while wiggling his fingers as he chooses a card to choose.
"Awww, isn't he cute when he's thinking?" Tristan mocks as he wraps an arm around Joey.
"Hey Tristan, Yugi is teaching me to play duel monsters." Joey explains.
"Duelling monsters?"
"Duel Monsters you moron!" Joey yells as he pushes Tristan away.
"They've been at it for hours. Joey is starting to get the hang of it, but Yugi's the expert." Téa explains.
'True, Yugi is really good at duel monsters and I believe he has the potential to enter a duel monsters tournament and perhaps win one.'
"Okay, Yugi, it's time to duel!" Joey exclaims while placing a card on the field, which was a 2-star monster with 800 attack and 400 defense.
"See each monster has an attack number and a defense number. First to eliminate their opponent's life points wins the duel." Téa explains to Tristan.
"Pretty cool move, huh, Yugi?" Joey asks.
"Yep. Pretty good move, but not good enough." Yugi responds as he places his own monster down. The card was a lot stronger than Joey's, which took all of his life points.
"What? Thanks a lot. A card that powerful totally wipes me out!"
"Wow, you stink at this game Joey." Tristan states while Yugi laughs "Ha, you did fine, Joey. Just I have better cards, see my Grandpa owns a game shop and I get all my best cards from him."
"Your own game shop? What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Joey yells.
"Okay, maybe I can convince my Grandpa to show you the super rare card he got."