14

"Time to duel!" They both yell.
'Finally!!!'

"Look at you- the first move, and you're already nervous. " Dad states as he places a card down, "Here. Defence mode. Feel better? Oh, and I'll play this card too. But I think I'll keep it face down for now, just to keep you guessing."
"It's my turn now." Seto states and he draws a card, and spends a couple of seconds thinking.
'That's not a good idea!'
"I'll lay a card face down too and also, I play Rude Kaiser face up, in attack mode." A giant green, lizard-like monster in armor appears on the field. "Go, Rude Kaiser, attack Pegasus' defense card, with forearm slash!" Rude Kaiser obeys and attacks Dad's monster, which turned out to be toon lizard.
'So he's using his toon deck, Seto is definitely screwed unless Seto plays smart and figures out Dad's trick.'
"Oh no!"
"I'd expected more from you Pegasus."
"I had no idea that you had such powerful cards at your disposal, Kaiba. I don't think I have a beast in my entire deck that could compare with that creature." Dad says, acting childish but then smirks and holds a card up, "Hold on. I may have spoke too soon. Yes, here's the perfect card- parrot dragon. Attack! Bombarding Beak!"
"Not so fast. I placed a card face down, too, remember?"
"You what?"

When it comes to Dad acting like he doesn't know what's happening or childish, it's so annoying.

"And I'm activating it right now. The mesmeric control card entrances your monster and reduces its attack power by 800 points." This makes the parrot dragon's attack go from 2000 to 1200.
"Kaiser, forearm slash! Carve up that bird!" The Kaiser obeys and kills Dad's parrot dragon.
"Oh no." Dad says with his hand on his head.

"I don't get it. Pegasus talks a big game but plays like a kid." Tristan states.
"It's almost like he's toying with him." Mai adds.
"Yeah," Joey says but then realises something, making him turn to Yugi, "Wait! Didn't he pull this act with you?" 
"Yep. I guess he doesn't even take the world champion seriously." Yugi responds and I nod.
"Dad has a couple of decks but this is by far his strongest deck. It has unreleased cards so only Dad has the cards and knows the effects. Furthermore, he likes to act like a child when playing to either mock, deceive or have fun." I explain and everyone looks shocked.
"What about you, Rosa, do you not know anything about this deck?" Joey asks and I shake my head.
"Once I asked Dad what his strongest deck is and he said that this was his strongest one but he refused to tell me anything else other than, 'Maybe one day you'll see me use it or even perhaps have a duel against me.'" The others nod and pay attention to the duel again.

"My turn, Pegasus." Kaiba states as he draws a card from his deck. He then goes to place a card down but Dad stops him by yelling, "Stop right there!"
"Huh?"
"I'd like to play a little guessing game with that card you're about to throw out on the field."
"A game? We're in the middle of a duel here!"
"What? I'm allowed to play a game. My trap card says so."
"Trap?"
"I placed a card face down. Don't you remember? It's called prophecy, and it gives me the right whether the card you're about to play has an attack power higher or lower than 2000. And if I manage to guess correctly, Kaiba boy, then the card in question becomes mine."
'So Kaiba must have been about to play his first Blue Eyes.'
"What? You can't just-" Dad cuts Seto off, "And I think I'll prophesize that it is indeed over 2000." Seto is shocked that Dad knew that it was over 2000.
"But, wait. Wait. Something else is coming. Yes. Yes. I see it's blue. I see white. Could it be? Yes! Of course! I see the Blue-Eyes White Dragon! Was I right?"
'You don't even need to act.'
"Tell me I was right. I was right, right? I so hope I was right."
"Enough! Here, take it!"
Kaiba places the Blue Eyes down which is then given to Dad, making him chuckle.
"Now the most valuable card in your deck is mine."

"Pegasus must be up to his old tricks." Yugi states and I nod and Joey responds with, "You got that right."

"Now I have two things you care about, Kaiba- Your dragon and your brother. Hmm. Let's see what else I can take. After your turn, of course!"
"Without my Blue-Eyes White Dragon, I have no choice but to switch my monster to defence mode." Seto's Kaiser crouches and places his arm in an X-shape in front of itself.
"Goody. Now it's my turn again." Dad draws a card, "I'll lay one card face down on the field and one monster face down inn defence mode. And I'm afraid that's the best move I could come up with."
"My turn!" Seto shouts as he plays Saggi the dark clown and the crush virus card.
'He's going to try a combo attack.'