Chapter 1

~Summer~
~June 26, 2015~

The elemental world of Sky and its people has evolved throughout the years of civilization and war. Water elementist no longer need to bring their water source to be able to fight. Only powerful fire elementist can produce lighting at will, which eventually became its element. The Dark element was discovered as recent as 30 years ago and still, not many people are born with the element. It's the minority of the elements, with Lightning above it by a few hundred thousand elementists.

The citizens of Sky receive their elements at birth, based on their traits and qualities passed down from genetics. In the early stages of life, most elementists wouldn't be able to show signs of their element until the age of seven. Every elementist develop their power at different ages, some even as late as 16. As soon as their elements arrive, they are to be transferred to the Sky Elemental Academy from the Sky Academy. There they learn to control their elements, as well as compete in school extracurricular activities. The students of SEA (Sky Elemental Academy) take part in sports, competitive combat, or take the path of a non-elementist should they choose to do so.

There are those unfortunate cases where a natural-born citizen doesn't have any element to call their own. These people are the workers that drive and push Sky to great heights, in terms of construction and normal education.

Every elementist aren't born to be a great, only very few go on to become rulers of their respective element. Emperors and Empresses, each oversee a district coinciding with their natural element. A total of six elemental rulers that come together in times of war and peace. Even then, the rulers still answer to a higher power, known as the Grand Council.

The Grand Council consists of Emperors and Empresses that came before the current ruler, also a total of six. Their knowledge and power are there to keep any Emperor from growing too powerful or acting out.

Most Emperors and Empresses are natural-born prodigies, that are known to be special wielders of weaponry. In the rarest of chances, a wielder is chosen by a weapon to assist in combat. It allows the user to gain a certain level of knowledge of the weapon in terms of usage. Like all skills and talents, it must be trained and heightened to reach one maximum potential.

Early stages of wielding results in extreme fatigue and exhaustion, as the user's body isn't used to the strain or increase in energy. Half of the time, wielders are their own greatest enemy.

💎SKY💎

Great, another one of our summer family camping trips. The strange thing is, we don't camp the traditional or normal way. We train off wildlife to harness and improve our abilities. Honestly, I'm tired of running for my life while trying to fight off a grizzly bear.

My dad always told me that our family is cursed with late bloomers, and it took me until now to believe him. My brother was lucky enough to receive his a couple of weeks ago, and he's been bragging ever since.

"I can't wait to try out my element. I wonder if I can make a water tornado...or a water bomb. Don't worry big bro, you can stick to using that little pocket knife," my brother teased.

Devonte has been going on and on about this all week and he was starting to annoy me. I looked over to the left to see what seemed like an unlimited amount of trees. Mosquitoes constantly flew past my face and the nighttime weather started to drop in temperature.

Devonte nudged me and moved his eyebrows up and down. "Isn't that right Devin?" He threw his arm around my shoulders and I pushed it off. "Woah, someone's mad," he chuckled.

"Devonte, you are just now getting cocky because you have your element? If I had mine, you already know I would be stronger than you," I snapped back.