Chapter 30

I ran over to my brother, completing disregarding the fact that I might be hit by an attack. I dropped to my knees and held him in my arms. Devonte's eyes....were turning an ocean blue color. I looked at his chest and noticed his wounds healing slowly. I didn't see him eat a piece of healing chocolate, so I don't know how he's healing so fast.

"Now do you see Devin. All of this could've been avoided if you would've joined me. I did ask nicely....my son" Cade said. All of this is my fault. I wasn't focused enough to face him, I wasn't strong enough. I didn't come through when it mattered the most. When my brother needed me the most....

I thought I was ready....no I was ready.... Until I had saw....where I came from. Everything I thought I knew, wasn't true at all. That's what Emma couldn't tell me? No wonder I felt so close to him, I felt like I was him in some situations.

I have to end it right here. I've already lost my brother, I'm not going to let Rachel fight any longer than she has to. "

"Ok" I mumbled.

"Ok what?" Cade put away his sword and held out a hand.

"Ok I'll join you" I said while looking down.

"Now you've come to your senses. Come here my son...." I stood up slowly and looked at Rachel as she fought Emma.

"Devonte! What happen?!" Rachel lowered her guard and was hit with a boulder in the chest. She fell on her back and quickly blocked an incoming punch.

"Don't let him suck you in!"

I kept walking towards Cade.

"STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Rachel grabbed Emma's arm, pulling her down to the ground. She held Emma in a tight grip. "DEVIN PLEASE!"

I avoided looking at her. No, no one else is going to die on my watch. I have a chance to give up and save Rachel in the process. I'm not going to mess this up. All of a sudden, a hand gripped my right shoulder and I was pulled back.

Cade was sent flying on his back, sliding a few feet on the ground. Devonte's hair and arms were liquefied and flowing freely. He looked back at me with a grin on his face. "I can't believed that worked" he said looking at himself.

"B-bravo Devonte " Cade struggled to say standing up and cracking his neck. "You put your life at risk.... Just to see if that would trigger your Wielder Mode." Devonte shrugged his shoulders and his sword slowly appeared into his right hand. His vortex formed, but turned into water as is spiraled fast around his legs all the way up I his hips.

He was now a few feet off the ground with a water tornado twirling around him swaying back an forth. I couldn't do anything but watch in awe. He became someone I thought I would be. He became tougher than I am. The least I can do is fight along side my little brother and leave here alive.

"Don't worry about what you saw. That wasn't your fault bro. I should've told you, but I knew you wouldn't agree with my plan. Now can you back me up?"

"No doubt" I said. I focused my energy and felt the power surge through my body. My vortex was spining faster than ever before. My sword appeared in my hand and I ignited it.

"Wow" Cade said shocked. Then a grin touched his lips "You two are special indeed" he said summoning his sword.

"Don't think you two are the only special see ones here." Cade's eyes and hair were slowing turning into a bright neon purple. His muscles flexed in the process. His vortex swirled around him at a high speed, but he didn't stop there. All of a sudden his eyes stop glowing and they started to shrink. His natural eye color was replaced with neon purple. Cade's hair returned to it's normal color, with the exception of a few highlights.