61 | Agents Part 1

A/N: Thanks for 20k on this book! Agent!AU 

"Techinically," Sam said, fixing the sleeve of his suit "you're new." he told Agent B, walking across the busy street markets. There was a bunch of noise as Sam slipped on his sunglasses, "I'm in training!" Bucky protested "you got to teach me how to do it, how to be a good agent!" he said as they went inside a brick building. 

There was blood on the walls and dead bodies scattered in a particular pattern. "There's someone in here," Sam stated, getting out his gun. There was a shuffle from the dark corner. Bucky also got out his weapon, "Who's in here!?" Sam cried into the building, his voice echoing off the walls. 

There was a scutter across the floor and the sound of scratching. A shadow appeared then a creature came out of the crater, it had fangs and an eye was missing. "What the hell is that?" Bucky whispered. Sam stepped closer to it, cocking his gun. "What happened here?" Sam said sternly. The creature looked up and coughed, barely clinging onto life "they came," it growled hoarsley "they came and destroyed everything..."

"Who?" Bucky questioned. "The Army!" it cried "it killed everything in here except me, they wanted information to destroy SHEILD!" the creature took one last look at them, the body feel limp and it died. "Why do 'The Army' want to destroy us?" Bucky asked Sam as they continued investigating the gruesome scene. 

"Don't know Agent R," Sam replied automatically. "I'm Agent B..." Bucky corrected him. Sam's eyes fell and he apologised quickly. Agent R was his best friend that he lost on a mission. Agent Riley. "Let's continue." Bucky said, stepping out in the streets. 

"There's so many fishy people here," Sam said as they put away their weapons. "The only people that look fishy are us," Bucky said back, putting away his weapon "you know, putting. away our guns and continue walking down a busy street–" Sam suddenly grabbed him by the collar and pulled them in a dark secluded alleyway, "you have no idea how to be professional, do you?" Sam growled, letting go of Bucky's collar. Bucky's cheeks heated up and he dusted himself off. "You can teach me," Bucky said as they walk out of the alleyway and go back to their motorbike. 

Bucky held Sam by the waist as they drove along the streets to find another suspect. Bucky's cheeks heated from holding this handsome man, not that he was denying his feelings for him, for gosh sake, he only met Sam two days ago! But how can he not fall in love with him? He was a good-looking, funny person who is a hard-worker. 

Who was Agent R? Sam said the name Agent R in a comforting way, like Agent R was real. Maybe they were. Sam stopped the motorbike, they got off and entered a tall, glass building. "Agent T told us that a target was in this building," Sam explained as they walked along the floor, their footsteps echoing across the room. 

"Agent S," Agent Tony greated, Agent T was an experiences hacker and engineer, knowing how to get in and out of places quickly. He was responsible for most of the tech for SHIELD agency. "Hello Agent T, this is Agent B." Sam introduced Bucky. Bucky gave a small smile and a wave, Tony smiled back. They followed him to the elevator, where they went to the 5th floor. "There was a break-in in this hotel, it was exactly like what you two came across." Agent T explained as they walked in the hallway, crime scene tape was covering the doorway.

Sam and Bucky stepped into the room, the same effects on the dead bodies and a message on the wall. "You got my message, right?" Sam said to Tony as Bucky went exploring, Tony looked at his phone "which one?" Tony asked, Sam watched Bucky carefully, "about Agent B. He's a new one." Sam explained. Tony nodded, "he's very much like Riles," Tony grinned at him, Sam smiled sentimentally at Tony. Riles was their nickname for Riley. Sam walked up to Bucky who was kneeling close to a dead body.

"What you find, Agent B?" Sam asked, Bucky frowned and looked up to him "strange," Bucky said to him "it's the same scratches and weapons, so it must be the same thing. I think it might be a Jagare, a rare one maybe, I know a Jagare when I see one, Agent S. This is just a child."

"How can you tell?" Sam asked. "The claw marks are at least 12cm smaller than an adult's, so we have a loose child Jagare on the loose." Bucky explains, stunning Sam with his knowledge of aliens and how quickly he can identify it. Tony was right, just like Riley. Sam smiled at him, a knowing one. A smile that he hasn't shown in a long time: love.

A/N: Thanks for reading!