2 | Nightmare

Thank you to AlphaWolf0215 for this request! 

He tossed and turned in the sheets as sweat dripped from his head, his heart pounding and Bucky was mumbling as the visions of the brainwashing and the pain surged through his body,  his arm made a swift motion and then hits Sam on the head.

"Ow! Bucky, what the hell!?" Sam cried, walking up and placing a hand on his injured head.

Bucky stirred awake, tears threatening his eyes "I'm sorry...Sam, I was just..." he buried his face in his hands and curled up in a ball. Sam moved closer to him and hugged his boyfriend.

"I'm sorry I shouted Bucky," Sam said softly, stroking his hair "do you want to talk about it?"

Bucky sniffed and pulled his body to Sam's chest ."O-okay," he managed to choke out, he started to calm himself by breathing, "it was about when that stupid ... brainwashing thingy caused me so much pain, then I dreamt about you." he looked at him with sweet puppy eyes "you getting hurt, or I eventually kill you - I'm sorry."

Sam kissed his forehead, stroking his hair "it's okay, Bucky, don't apologise." he smiles, "it's okay, you're safe now. It's over. You're with me."

"But what-"

"Bucky...you can never hurt me, I'll never hurt you. I promise." Sam leans in and kisses him "you're going to be okay." Bucky smiled into his chest and holds him closer, they feel the warmth of each other's bodies and they lie down on the soft mattress, tangled in the blankets.

Bucky did feel bad about hitting Sam on the head, but Sam reassures him. He feels safe and warm in his arms. 

"You going to sleep now?"

Bucky smiles "yeah," he pecks Sam's lips and blushes "thanks...by the way."

"Your welcome," 

They drift off to sleep, holding each other in their arms, safely and calmly. Quietly as they breathe, with no nightmares. Just them and the darkness of the night.

a/n: thanks so much for the request!