I just look at him. A little frustrated, a hell of a lot baffled.

I climb out and gather my breathing. Why he is making me so nervous yet craving at the same time, only God knows.

"I don't really know you," Colton sounds scary nervous, so out of character, as he looks at me in anticipation, "So I wasn't sure what you like."

With a small smile, I avoid his icy eyes.

"Nature Berry is good."

Colton sighs in relief and I find it a little adorable how worked up he was over what I'd like.

Stepping inside, the familiar scent of sweet coffee and unhealthy—heavenly—food races into my nose. This place is like home. If I'm not feeling too good, whether if its health or emotions, I always come here. My girls and I love this place.

Harlow, the waitress with fiery red hair, takes our orders with a cheerful smile. I get a cherry ice cream cake milkshake. Colton gets a double chocolate mocha latte. Settling into the brown chairs, I lose myself in my milkshake.

I can feel Colton's eyes on me and my body is shaking with heat.

"I saw this place when I was heading to tryouts yesterday," Colton causally converses, completely in his vibe of a cool jock, "It looked pretty cool, I thought you'd like it."

Genuinely touched by his thoughtfulness, I smile.

I know he's making an effort of making things right, so I don't want to make him feel like I'm not cooperating with an open heart and mind.

"Nature Berry is where Nolee, Blair, and I hang out most of the time," I look around, taking in the soothing energy of the place, "Pretty much everyone does from Lake Bellevue."

The place is perfect for chilling out and eating your feelings away. It's also great for socialization. It's where Blair and Nolee met Zack and Hudson during freshman year. They told me how the two boys went all out in flirting, spurting cringeworthy pickup lines and unnecessary winking.

Bless their hearts, those two had no idea what was waiting for them.

"Ah, that's cool, we never found this place back in high school. That kinda sucked," Colton grumbles, pouting, "It was always crashing over someone's place or down by Lake Bellevue Pier."

"Yeah."

There are a few moments of silence between us. I'm focusing on his intentions, him very much looking out of character. Colton is nervous.

"Are you gonna be coming to the away game?"

Away game? Colton recognizes my confusion with a boyish smile.

"We're against Applegate University," Colton leans back casually, "It's two hours away and we're staying over for two nights."

Two nights?

"Nolee hasn't mentioned anything, so I don't know about this," I shrug, taking a sip of my milkshake, "But, it sounds fun."

It really does. Blair and I always go to football games to support Nolee so there's no doubt we're going to be going this time too. It must be so cool for Nolee, to be performing in front of a different crowd and cheering for your team. I've always loved the spirit of the football and cheerleading teams. I rarely went to football games in high school, mainly because I wanted to avoid Colton and his crowd but when I did, I loved the energy.

Those were the only times I admired Colton when he was playing his passion. Whenever I watched Colton play, it was like I was looking at a completely different version of him. Football Colton seemed so much more passionate, kind, and charming—bully Colton couldn't compare.